Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTM queries

Hi,
    I am one of 2 directors of a RTM company for a building of 3 flats.
    I believe that, accordingly to the lease, the owner of the ground floor flat is responsible for the keeping of the front garden, including the overgrown edge but he is not attending to it.
    As RTM, can we:
    1) Ask the freeholder for a copy of everyone's lease?
    2) If the lease says he is responsible for the upkeep of the front garden, to arrange for the work to be done and then present him with the bill?
    3) What if he does not want to pay?

Thanks very much in advance

With RTM the responsibility is now yours to enforce the terms of the lease.

You can get a copy of the lease( and plan) from HMLR on line.

If there is an obligation to maintain the gardens and boundary then your options are, after a letter before action

- a court order for "specific performance" of the terms of the lease
    - you can only enter and carry out if the lease allows
    - the lease must also allow you to recharge costs
    - ask the freeholder to take action at your cost, to forfeit the lease once the LVT has ruled that there is breach.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Unauthorised lease variation
      by Stacker
      Lease requires all leaseholders to pay lessor service charges for insurance so sneaky managing agent tried to get leaseholders to pay broker directly which is an unusual arrangement where its not landlord and tenant and insurance is not paid via service charges to lessor.Could this be classed as an...
      13-07-2020, 23:14 PM
    • Reply to Unauthorised lease variation
      by Macromia
      Unfortunately I still have no idea real understanding of what the problem is, or what it is that you feel that you need to achieve - because you're not explaining this.

Let's be clear:
      The lease has NOT been varied - so you can forget about that idea.
      15-07-2020, 06:25 AM
    • Application to the FTT for determination of breach of covenant?
      by Tw1982
      Hi Guys,

Wanted to start a separate post with a few legal queries regarding applications to the FTT for a formal determination for a breach of covenant.

Firstly, is it called the FTT (LVT) or the property chamber? We know its changed names quite a few times, but would like...
      13-07-2020, 18:51 PM
    • Reply to Application to the FTT for determination of breach of covenant?
      by Stacker
      Also if managing agent is refusing to take action report them to their own property redress scheme Ombudsman..
      15-07-2020, 04:07 AM
    • Reply to Application to the FTT for determination of breach of covenant?
      by Stacker
      Is the freeholder in a company name? At the FTT a freeholder or its directors and or managing agent would normally bring a claim for determination for breach of lease against a leaseholder. For a leaseholders to bring a claim for breach of covenant you could possibly bring a claim if you are a member...
      15-07-2020, 04:02 AM
    • RTM bank account recommendation
      by docdavis3
      Hi all. I am a director of a new RTM company and am looking to set up a company bank account to recieve service fees and pay for maintenance services etc. I have applied for a Tide account but am getting the sort of push back that feels like they don't want our business (it may be legitimate requirements...
      14-07-2020, 20:34 PM
    • Reply to RTM bank account recommendation
      by Gordon999
      try opening a non-profit service charge account with HSBC .It must be called "RTM Client account".
      14-07-2020, 21:00 PM
      by Stacker
      There is a duty of care the insurance broker and managing agent owes this to its client so not undertaking due diligence and doing deals with unregulated managing agents is against the FCA and Company Act 2006..breach of contract negligence and breach of fiduciary duty the managing agent is also the...
      14-07-2020, 20:37 PM
      by Stacker
      As we are all aware the lease is a relationship between landlord and tenant. The lease is a contract with obligations and rights on both sides to observe and perform the covenants...so no managing agent or board can go against the lease even if agreed unanimously....to go against the lease is to induce...
      14-07-2020, 20:32 PM
      by Macromia
      How does it. breach the lease?
      This is something that you still haven't explained (either here, or when you brought the subject up in an earlier thread)....
      14-07-2020, 19:28 PM
    Working...
    X