X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wobble
    replied
    Hello,

I spoke with the council this morning and as it is a civil matter there is nothing for them to do unless my name as an interested party does not appear on the planning app, then they can take it up with him. However, emailed details to my sol and he said I should write to other party saying I am aware of what he is trying, I have made my feelings clear, and if he starts any work will take out an injunction to stop him. My sol doesn't deal with that sort of thing but he knows a man who does (!) My sol had already written to him to say the cellar/basement is mine and he must not do anything in or to it, so I will write as suggested today. Is there any other way I can object as you suggest please?

Many thanks

W

Leave a comment:

• leaseholdanswers
    replied
    But you must object now before consent is granted or you will have to have a court overturn it.

Your solicitor should also be making the representation too.

Leave a comment:

• Wobble
    replied
    Thank you LHA that's reassuring.

Wobble

Leave a comment:

• leaseholdanswers
    replied
    He can apply for any permission over any land, but if has has applied as owner and or not notified the real owner then his application is invalid.

Leave a comment:

• Wobble
    replied
    Sorry chaps, didn't mean to make that sound like LHA and R.a.M. advised my solicitor, I meant I took all the advice I could get, including my solicitors, and he consequently sent said letter!!!

Leave a comment:

• Wobble
    started a topic Applying for Building Regs

Applying for Building Regs

Hi to all again,

Further to my previous posts on the advice of LHA and R.a.M my solicitor sent a letter to the leaseholder of downstairs flat saying cellar wasn't even in the lease and they were not to do anything in or to it etc. On a whim I checked the local council website today and find the sneaky so and so has applied (for the second time, the first was refused) for building regs for the alterations he wanted to do! I plan on contacting the council dept on Monday to inform them he has no consent, (and no cellar). I thought that a letter from my sol would stop him, but it seems he is determined to ignore me! Once I inform the council surely they would not grant building regs, and that should stop his plans, no? If he carries on anyway, apart from taking out an injunction, would my best bet be to report him to Planning Control and let them take over?

Any advice gratefully received,

Many thanks,

Wobble

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X