Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof of Purchase

Hello,

My Freeholder has cut up and sold part of the lease to another company recently.

It has now come to our attention the other company is also owned by the same freeholder, he has let slip that no psychical money actually exchanged.

Can anyone advise as we have subsequently been told if we can prove (how I don't know!) the exchange has happened with no psychical money changing hands that we could compel the sale to us for nothing as it was technically not sold for anything.

Any help would be great, if you require further explanation please ask

Snee

Would this transaction not be present on the Land Registry if its Purchased and Sold?

Its free to search but costs for the title - http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

We have had notification from land registry and it says the stated amount that was paid but the land registry don't get involved in checking whether the money was actually exchanged.

I checked Companies house and both companies are less than a year old so don't have to file accounts for a while.

Comment

If he has
        cut up and sold part of the leasesold
        then there is no right to first refusal. That only applies to a disposal of the freehold or part of it.
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

1. Buy a copy of the freehold title for your address from Land Registry online and check if the freehold title was sold after the date of purchase of your flat.

2. The free guide on "Right of first refusal" can be downloaded from www.lease-advice.org

Comment

But if the transfer was of a lease then there is no Right to First Refusal and therefore why should you even be offered the land? If they have sold part of the freehold then you may have a claim.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X