X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaseholdanswers
    replied
    So just to be clear:

Flats or houses can have the stair-casing capped.

Houses do have the option of purchasing the freehold.

An RSL ( HA Council Almo etc) landlord may be exempt under the Act, rather than going into a detailed discussion, the first approach would be t your landlords leasehold services department

NB purchase of the freehold may not relieve you of responsibility to pay for common services and areas

Leave a comment:

• Tipper
    replied
    Have a look at lease-advice.org

Leave a comment:

• Simon Dixon
    replied
    Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
    Yes an RSL can limit the amount of staircasing.

If it is a house, and the landlord is not exempt, then you can enfranchise, buy the freehold.
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the property is a house (2 bed semi). Do you have any information on enfranchisement and how I can go about finding out if the landlord is exempt?

Thanks

Simon.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post

If it is a house, and the landlord is not exempt, then you can enfranchise, buy the freehold.
    Yes, if it's a flat, the staircasing would be limited.

Leave a comment:

• leaseholdanswers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• I want to buy my shared ownership property outright

Hello,

I joined this forum as I'm looking for some advice regarding my shared ownership lease. Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I used the search engine, but couldn't find anything.

I've been living in my shared ownership home for 6 years and calculate that I could now afford to buy the other 50% so I own the property outright. However, my lease states that I can only buy up to, but not exceeding 80%. Does anybody know if this is "set in stone", or if the Housing Association may consider selling everything? I've tried contacting them regarding this and so far haven't been able to get an answer.

Thanks for any advice.

Simon

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X