Where are actual costs of lease extension/freehold purchase recorded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are actual costs of lease extension/freehold purchase recorded?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering where the actual cost of lease extension or freehold purchase were actually recorded? is here a body that stores them all?

Thanks, richard

The LVT may have records of its decisions but those are only the minority that had actually to be decided - in many cases there were negotiations which would be private or in even more cases the statutory procedure would not have been used at all - so it would be difficult to look at all the figures in a given area establish actual trends etc.
    RICHARD WEBSTER

As a conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful (provided it relates to property in England & Wales) but I accept no liability except to fee-paying clients.

Comment

You can search for past LVT case judgements on the records held by www.lease-advice.org

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Managing Agents Massively Screwed Up Section 42
        by divadee
        We are the freeholders to a block of flats. We own the freehold in a limited company.

Apparently one of the flats issued a Section 42 back in April with a date of July for any counter offers.

Our managing agents have only just told us about this TODAY and we are way out of...
        04-08-2020, 12:24 PM
      • Reply to Managing Agents Massively Screwed Up Section 42
        by sgclacy
        Is the address of your managing agent the same as the address at the Land Registry for you as freeholder?

If you believe the figure offered is too low, you could have therefore regarded the notice as invalid and that is why you have not responded. They would then have to apply to the court...
        05-08-2020, 20:54 PM
      • Advise & Guidence
        by ontljoshi
        HI All,

previously, the forum has helped me.now i need bit more advise & guidence.

I bought my massionate in 2016 at 310500 with 125yrs lease to live in and don't know due to what circumstances I feel that it hasn't increased in the valuation.
        my question is are...
        05-08-2020, 15:38 PM
      • Reply to Advise & Guidence
        by ontljoshi
        As per lease - everyone supposed to maintain their frontages. The road is made private long time ago and there's no owners currently it is bona-vacatia now.
        05-08-2020, 19:10 PM
      • Section 20 process
        by Seluoy2
        I am one of 6 leaseholders in a block of 6 flats. We have had historic issues with the roof, our Community Interest Company changed from one managing agent (with a public history of failings) to another, both have carried out poor repairs in the past.

Before Christmas the current managing...
        04-08-2020, 09:05 AM
      • Reply to Section 20 process
        by Gordon999
        Usually the scaffolding is put up by the scaffolding rental company. The roof repair work will be done by roofing company who worker may not be aware of the scaffolding on site.
        05-08-2020, 18:14 PM
      • Reply to freeholder snuggling to recover arrears
        by Gordon999
        Here is the website giving rules on claiming interest at the small claims court.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-...k-out-interest
        05-08-2020, 18:07 PM
      • freeholder snuggling to recover arrears
        by Tim_woods
        Hi All,

I have a leaseholder that constantly refuses to pay service charges and ground rent. I’ve had endless court cases but they are slow and I’ve then struggled to get court fees back which have been added to everyone’s service charges including mine!

I’ve decided...
        03-08-2020, 14:54 PM
      • Freeholder in Administration
        by Mel A
        I am representing a group of investors in a property where the developer/freeholder has gone into administration. Two questions - does the administrator now technically own the freehold? and can they demand payment for repairs to the building that the freeholder should have carried out in order to protect...
        05-08-2020, 17:22 PM
      • Reply to Freeholder in Administration
        by Gordon999
        You can check online at Land Registry website for the name of current freeholder of your building. You may have to pay £3 by credit card to download. Also check the listing of company at Companies House website.
        05-08-2020, 17:57 PM
      Working...
      X