Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galatea View Post
    If people cannot pay solicitors for forfeiture,
    then how would they deal with future breaches?
    WE CAN'T.

Can you all apply as a group to LVT for change in the Covenants
    you agree to change and find probono sol/ or students of a Law
    School? .
    They wont pay to change the lease, as it COSTS MONEY for solicitors !
    It is noted the lease is defective, they all agree on that point.
    Or can you all become self litigants? I will watch this space.
    I wil have to be the "Bad boy", and take action myself, but I
    have a "Cunning Plan" up my sleve, but cannot divulge here.

R.a.M.

Comment

So write a letter to the flat owner refusing consent for a sublet to Council giving reason as having council tenants living in the block may cause loss of capital value for every flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
        So write a letter to the flat owner refusing consent for a sublet to Council giving reason as having council tenants living in the block may cause loss of capital value for every flat.
        1) he has not asked to sub-let, and wont, because he sublet last year,
        been empty for a while.

2 ) But they are not council tenants, legaly, they are "homeless" people,
        but "who" they are is only one on the forseeable problems, as the next
        will be constant changes of sub-tenants, every 3 weeks, or 3 months,
        or every 3 days ?, and they can get furniture from the council though !

and yes, may devalue the flats, but if no one is selling, then there
        is no financial loss, but i would not wish to defend "capital value" in
        a court room, thank you ! only the wishes of the majority to to say
        no to sub letting to the council.

R.a.M.

Comment

And have you yet asked who the undertenant( not the occupant) would be, to see if it is an incorporated body, and barred under the lease?
          Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
            And have you yet asked who the undertenant( not the occupant) would be, to see if it is an incorporated body, and barred under the lease?
            we can ask, and we don't expect a reply, and have not received a
            reply, as it's too soon yet, to get one.

On another point.

As stated on here, the lessee pays the legal costs to consider an
            application to sub let, but what if the lessee does not ask for
            permission, are we then stuffed and can't get back our legal fees
            beause he did not officialy ask, or request, or apply ?

Or is it that investigations were carried out on the verbal comments
            of the lessee ? and we incurred legal costs to quantify our lease.
            LHA ?

R.a.M.

Comment

If the intention to let is not baseless, then you could ask and refer to that initial discussion and explain quoting the lease that it is the freeholders view that the lease intends to let solely to individuals.

It is therefore unlikely that permission will be granted, however without prejudice to the terms of the lease if there is an intention to let, that any proposal is submitted at the earliest date and not within 3 weeks of the proposed date of under letting. Full details of the under tenant and the proposed letting and occupation should be included.
              Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
                If the intention to let is not baseless
                thanks, helped a lot.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
                  by Flatman78
                  Thanks Gordon999

You can see from above reply to Macromia that's your comment wouldn't be relevant to me. there is no managing agent. It's just me (FH) and LH in upstairs flat.
                  Thanks for taking time to reply though....
                  23-05-2022, 20:29 PM
                • S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
                  by Flatman78
                  Hi LZ Community

Just wondering if anyone's had/having any issues with S20 and allowing leaseholder 30 days to review estimates, raise concerns etc.

Building material prices have fluctuated massively since covid and brexit.
                  with a combination of Brexit, impact from russia/ukraine...
                  23-05-2022, 14:42 PM
                • Reply to S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
                  by Flatman78
                  Thanks Macromia, I'm hoping not to have to request quotes to include extra 'contingency' as I know some building materials literally jumped by up to 80% pretty much overnight and so I / we could end up paying a hell of a lot more than we have to go with a 'protective' quote.

It's only me...
                  23-05-2022, 20:27 PM
                • Reply to RTM Hand Over Issues
                  by ash72
                  You could sue the other company for the money owed.
                  23-05-2022, 19:48 PM
                • RTM Hand Over Issues
                  by martin15
                  RTM handing over issues

Our RTM companies comprise 4 blocks of 6 identical two bedroom flats and each block is registered at Companies House as a separate company.
                  Following the acquisition date, it was discovered the former directors ignored legal advice and changed property management companies...
                  23-05-2022, 19:36 PM
                • Reply to RTM Hand Over Issues
                  by Hudson01
                  I am clearly no expert but i think this statement from the all knowing WWW appears to fit the bill for what has happened to you.................

'' Fraud can be broadly defined as the deliberate use of deception or dishonesty to disadvantage or cause loss (usually financial) to another...
                  23-05-2022, 19:48 PM
                • Reply to Old managing agents accounts
                  by Gordon999
                  You could show the last service charge demanded by previous managing agent . There should be a final summary of the service charge account.to show the unspent funds.
                  23-05-2022, 18:26 PM
                • Old managing agents accounts
                  by jazzythumper
                  Since obtaining the RTM and changing the managing agent, we have never been given full accounts / receipts for the previous year(s). We believe that as the old freeholder and leaser holder of one of the flats were represented by the same solicitor that prior to the sale of the freehold, we were subsidising...
                  20-05-2022, 11:21 AM
                • Building works & S20 process
                  by RichA
                  Hi. I have a freehold after selling a leasehold flat in a block of 4 flats. We don't currently have a managing agent, so these duties currently fall to me (I am holding off appointing a managing agent whilst the leaseholders consider whether they want to RTM).

The block needs some maintenance...
                  21-05-2022, 17:20 PM
                • Reply to Building works & S20 process
                  by Macromia
                  Good questions.
                  The fact that the cost of work means that Section 20 consultation is required doesn't necessarily mean that it is major work that will require a project manager and, although most leases will contain clauses that allow the cost of project management to be recovered from leaseholders,...
                  23-05-2022, 18:23 PM
                Working...
                X