A little question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little question...

Just two days until the retribution begins.

I know you all can't wait. I will be on here straight after the massacre to give you the result. I have Mr Leasehold Expert's bottle of single malt here at the ready.

Here's a question for you in the meantime.

Is a leaseholder entitled to demand to see statements and charges that the freeholder has incurred? In my case, the freeholder is a large-ish housing association (it was previously council owned) and if, say, I demanded to see the bills they incurred in order to defend my claim against them in court, would this be lawful/allowed under freedom of information or whatever? Furthermore, in order to see whether charges they bill me for (e.g. £330 to replace a piece of glass in a communal door) are 'pucker,' am I allowed to see the statements from the contractors etc?

S22 of LTA 1985 gives you the right to view docs/invoices, etc.

If it went to an LVT they would have to prove costs were incurred and therefore show invoices, etc. There are as you mention maybe other acts that may ? apply SAR, FOI, CPR 31.14 (if legal action is started).

Andy
    Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X