Breach of Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breach of Lease

Land Registry are unable to find a copy of a lease, the lease in question was a generic one with the plot numbers and names added. Can we still pursue action without this document?

Does the other side have a copy? Do you have a copy of the generic lease for another property which would be identical save for the names? If so, you might ask the other side to agree that the copy you rely on is identical to the correct one in the areas relevant to the dispute.

Comment

I do not know if the other side has a copy but think the mortgage company involved may have, I do have copies relating to other properties but I do not expect the other party to cooperate, our solicitor says we cannot act against them without a copy of the actual lease.

Comment

Have you tried the solicitor who acted for you when you purchased? Is the other side the landlord?

Comment

The solicitor of the other side has no longer trades and papers cannot be found, I have mine and am acting as landlord! Dispute is between management company and other person.

Comment

I am not sure who is who here. If the dispute is between the Man Co and another, why are you then involved, even as acting as landlord?
            Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

The management company is landlord and I am director.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X