Protocol for LVT to Agree Breach of Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protocol for LVT to Agree Breach of Lease

From previous posts I am at odds with the Leaseholders of my property. I have gone through various hoops to rectify the problems but No is no. I instructed the "Solicitor" to instigate proceedings for Breach. Now four weeks later he is saying he and the "property department" doesn't know where to start.

My understanding is that I approach the LVT who will determine if a Breach has occurred, then when it is determined I can instigate returning to the LVT for forfeiture.

Can anyone explain what the process is to instigate proceedings to the LVT to determine if there is a Breach of Lease.

I entered the term "leasehold valuation tribunal" in a search engine. I identified The Residential Property Tribunal Service as the likely body that deals with leasehold disputes. Is this what you're looking for?

Additionally have a read of the Leasehold Advisory Service page entitled Application to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal.

If you're that way inclined you can read the Leasehold Valuation Tribunals (Procedure) (England) Regulations 2003 legislation. The fees are listed in Leasehold Valuation Tribunals (Fees)(England) Regulations 2003.

In fact I found quite a number of "dot gov dot uk" results. Have a look for yourself.

Interestingly the search results also brought back The Lands Tribunal Service, but we don't need it today thankfully - but it's nice to know that it exists.

Comment

Any thoughts about finding an alternative solicitor? (I have sent you a PM.)

Spoke to a solicitor today who definitely has experience of bringing cases to a Leasehold Valuation Tribunal for breaches.

Mr Martin Barrett
      Comptons Solicitors
      90-92 Parkway
      Regent's Park
      London NW1 7AN
      020 7485 0888

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
        Any thoughts about finding an alternative solicitor? (I have sent you a PM.)

Spoke to a solicitor today who definitely has experience of bringing cases to a Leasehold Valuation Tribunal for breaches.

Mr Martin Barrett
        Comptons Solicitors
        90-92 Parkway
        Regent's Park
        London NW1 7AN
        020 7485 0888
        Also try Mark Hessel at Reid Minty llp (020-7318 4444 or www.reidminty.co.uk or MHessel@reidminty.co.uk).
        I have worked in conjunction with him and he seems to know his stuff!
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X