Buying flat but no mgt. company- advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying flat but no mgt. company- advice please

ive seen a flat which i want to buy but theres no management compnay how do i obtain a mortgage and whats the best way to appoint a mangement company if i get it?

thanks guys
    Property Goal

Reaching Investments Far Beyond Expectations.
    Properties, Currency Transfers, Legal, Finance.

(44) 0161 711 4859

Originally posted by invest View Post
    ive seen a flat which i want to buy but theres no management compnay how do i obtain a mortgage and whats the best way to appoint a mangement company if i get it?

thanks guys
    Well, someone must own freehold reversion. If no mgt co, start with f/r's identity.

You yourself cannot alone appoint mgt agent, even once you purchase leasehold, but collective lessees could exercise "right to manage".
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

great, i'll see to a f/a about proceeding with a mortgage
      Property Goal

Reaching Investments Far Beyond Expectations.
      Properties, Currency Transfers, Legal, Finance.

(44) 0161 711 4859

Comment

Originally posted by invest View Post
        great, i'll see to a f/a about proceeding with a mortgage
        ...and, if f/r and/or mgt co still missing, your solicitor can arrange indemnity insurance on your behalf. Its cost depends on purchase price-

i. absentee L cover is from £75 (pp up to £100 000) to £350 (pp from £750 000 to £1m); and

ii. block lack-of-mgt cover is from £165 (pp up to £60 000) to £800 (pp from £750 000 to £1m).
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X