Buying individual or collective leasehold extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying individual or collective leasehold extension

I am currently looking to extend my lease and am at negotiation stage with the freeholders surveyor. Would it be worth my while speaking to other leaseholders in the block about a collective extension or would it not make much difference in terms of the premium that would need to be paid for the extension? Thanks!

You should ask if others are interested in 90 year lease extension ( to share the professional costs ) or

collective purchase of the freehold ( better to own the property rather than hold a lease which is only a long term rental agreement) .

Comment

Thanks. Sorry i forgot to mention. The property is purpose built. I am under the impression i wouldn't be able to buy the freehold for a purpose built development? Is this right?

Comment

Detailed advice can be found here;http://www.lease-advice.org/publicat...nt.asp?item=11
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X