Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 20

Hi all,

I have just been through the Section 20 process and issued a statement of estimates.

Now the contractor we were going to proceed with has had to amend his estimate by some £500 as further works have been exposed.

Please could anybody explain whether we have to re-start the whole procedure or if we can just send a simple letter stating the cost is increasing by £500 as further works have been identified.

Originally posted by brightonandy View Post
    I have just been through the Section 20 process and issued a statement of estimates.
    I have just used google to find out that a Section 20 is something to do with leaseholds. Therefore, I think you should post your question in the leaseholds section of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonandy View Post
      Hi all,

Now the contractor we were going to proceed with has had to amend his estimate by some £500 as further works have been exposed.

Please could anybody explain whether we have to re-start the whole procedure or if we can just send a simple letter stating the cost is increasing by £500 as further works have been identified.
      If you are still in the second notice period then re serve amended notices, however it is wise to ask the others to re quote.

Does your contract not include a contingency sum four wehich the £500 can be drawn?
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X