Does LVT decision show up on solicitors search when property being sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does LVT decision show up on solicitors search when property being sold?

LVT ruled that service charges were fair and reasonable,
    Also one flat has been found in breach of their lease.
    Do either of these show on the search that a solicitor will conduct when a sale is going thru?

I would expect this would vary from solicitor to solicitor. However, usually on the inquiries of the landlord/managing agent there is a question relating to whether any tenant has disputed the service charge. Similarly there is usually a question to breaches of lease. It depends how honest or accurately the responses are.

I doubt that any solicitor would trawl the LVT decisions looking for particular properties.

MCPH

Comment

It wont show up on the office copies or anything at HMLR or Local searches at the council. It will be revealed by you on inquiries re ground rent, and it should be declared by the vendors to the purchasers.
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Thank you very much,that answered the question. I was told yesterday by somebody who thinks they know it would! I think they were getting a management company (leaseholders who aquired the freehold)and a rtm company mixed up.(different leglislation isn't it?)The conversation got me all confused!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X