Alterations without consent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alterations without consent

Earlier this year we established that in 2009 l/h house was sold without us, as freeholders, receiving N/A. We contacted the l/h and sent a g/r demand together with a request for N/A to be served. The g/r was paid and, via the l/h's solicitor, an offer to purchase our f/h interest in the property was made in the sum of £150. The property is (was) a three bedroom detached house built by my late husband (sold originally for £4,000, purchased by present l/h for just over £400,000!) with a g/r of £15 p.a. The lease contains a clause restricting any extension beyond the existing building line "...nor any dwelling house building or erection which shall not as to the entirety thereof be in accordance with such plans and elevations as shall have been previously approved by the Lessor or his Surveyors". We now find that a large extension has been erected,original garage demolished and replaced and two extra bedrooms etc. added - all in all 43 s.m. of building work. The l/h made a false declaration on the planning application stating they were the sole owner of the land. I was just about to send a receipt for the g/r and return the N/A when this building work came to light so held back on sending it, but I am now being harassed by the l/h's solicitor to respond regarding the offer to purchase f/h and return of N/A. Having not had a situation like this before, I would be very grateful for any advice.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X