trying to extend lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to extend lease

i need some advise.In May i asked my freeholder for a figure to extened my 75yr lease.After waiting over 9 weels for a reply, they said £10k.I thought this was exsesive and obtained a private valuation from Pro Leagle for £6k which i was very greatful for there help. On the 19/08/06 i handed it to my freeholder.As from today i am still waiting for a reply from them.Every time i call them they say that the person dealing with it is on holiday. i have also asked my resident assosiation to call on my behalf. but still nothing from the freeholder.is there any advise from any one that can help me at all , as i need to sell my property with a longer lease. thanks.

Delays

I assume that you served a statutory Notice of your claim to a new lease (s.42 of 2003 Act).

Next stage to enforce your claim is for you to begin LVT proceedings. Perhaps send a 14-day warning letter to L or his solicitor?

Once served, that Notice could even be assigned to your leasehold purchaser (if P willing to proceed before new lease granted for extended term).
    Last edited by jeffrey; 28-06-2007, 13:33 PM. Reason: Typographical inexactitudes
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Dear Jim,

I agree with Jeffrey. Set a deadline for the freeholder to respond. In the event that he does not, use the statutory lease extension procedure and serve a Tenant's Notice on him. This is the only way to compel a response.

I hope this assists.

Kind regards,

CORINNE TUPLIN
      DIRECTOR
      PRO-LEAGLE
      www.proleagle.com
      CORINNE TUPLIN
      SOLICITOR
      PRO-LEAGLE
      www.proleagle.com

For Service Charge Disputes, you may wish to use Pro-Leagle's online Service Charge Dispute Analyser: http://www.proleagle.com/servicecharges.htm

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X