Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial property contribution

Hi

I have a leasehold for a flat in a building with 4 flats and 1 shop.

My lease says I pay the proportion which the rateable value of the Flat bears to the aggregate of the rateable value of all the flats in the building.

Lease also says that from total expenditure there will first be deducted any service charge recovered from the shop.

The shop is 35% of total floor space but pays only 20% of service charge and recently paid only 10% of external works. I have yet to see the lease for the shop but can I challenge these percentages anyway on grounds of reasonableness?

Can the rateable value of shop be factored with rateable value of flats?

Thanks

Chris

Any thoughts on this? Thanks Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCook777 View Post
      Any thoughts on this? Thanks Chris
      Tough one for a sunday morning!

you say My lease says I pay the proportion which the rateable value of the Flat bears to the aggregate of the rateable value of all the flats in the building.

That does not explain the relationship between the flats and the shops only the share of costs between flats.

I think you need to read further as to how the costs are allocated before being apportioned.
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Thanks Senior Member

My lease says the contribution from shop will be collected first then the apportionent between flats. But lease doesnt say how much shop will pay. As I say they have 35% of floor space so . . .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X