Landlord's Breach Of Covenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you been sniffing the coffee again?

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
      Utterly gratuitous waste of money.
      Utter waste of time and resources..
      Exactly. Waste of time.

In our road we have one brand new building, 8 flats, new drive,
      new boundary walls, no repairs needed. (Original bulding was like
      ours, each flat had to be bought then building knocked down, )
      so new flat prices are £160,000 dearer , in same road.
      Service charge minimal, no sinking fund needed yet,
      So no costs other than cut the grass, and change a light bulb.

And then there is ours, same age and style house as the one knocked
      down, but now 171 years old, takes Masses of money to maintain,
      but we did not have to pay the stupid inflated price for the new build
      flats.

It's all common sense as to why some cost more, and why some dont ,
      the laws are in place already for service charges and to fine those who
      don't follow the rules / Leashold / tenant / companies acts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulula View Post
        Have you been sniffing the coffee again?
        My sponsor tells me that is mainlining.

Higher power higher power...
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

I think the London assembley will justify the report beacuse London has the highest percentage of leasehold properties and that as many are large tower blocks sometimes the owners are given (imposible to pay demands) of tens of thousands for lift repairs and to bring their honmes up to the Decent Homes standard (dont know much about this myself) but if you read some LVT decisions there are quite a few cases where tenants have received huge demands for many tens of thousands of pounds that if I were in their position I would simply not know what to do.

I assume the report would focus on this and not the general law of freehold which should be upto parliament, I agree though it may look like a waste of money but councils/government spend a fortune on such reports, how much was the Bloody Sunday inquiry ?..and I doubt the forthcoming Murdoch ones wont be cheap either !

Andy
          Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

But when 40% of the flats are in the non private sector, this is matter of simple government underfunding of social housing and the wasteful, bloated, inefficient spending habits of local authorities and Social landlords. I have done consulting work, partly as pro bono in central east london ,and am shocked at the loading and rates of work under partnerships compared to similar properties in the private sector. To say it is twice as much would often be an understatement.

Note also that almost half the those in private ownership are being rented out as a commercial exercise, whether by large landlords or one off. They are not looking for a home but have made a commercial decision and have to face, squarely, and knowingly the obligations owning a leasehold flat brings.So many haven't a clue and immediately plead poverty and exploitation.
            Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X