Lease Extension Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease Extension Advice

We have started procedures for a lease extension under the 1993 act. S42 notice has been sent to the feeholders agent. The notice has been acknowledged by them. Their request for informaiton provided by us and their valuation of the property has been carried out. 10% deposit has also been sent. The date of the counter notice (60 days) has passed. What is our next move? If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks

lease extension -formal route- no landlord's counter notice

in these circumstances the figure suggested in your notice of claim becomes the figure payable for the lease extension. the landlord has lost the right to contest your figure. the landlord is obliged to grant you a new lease in the terms specified in your notice; and you are bound to pay their conveyancing costs. I suggest that you write to the landlord or their solicitors by registered post pointing this out and asking them to submit their draft deed of variation failing which you shall obtian a court order for them so to do. If you do end up litigating it will stand you in good stead that you have tried to resolve the issue without being compelled to seek an order

Comment

Best advice for T (long-leaseholder): go direct to Court under s.49(1)(a) of 1993 Act.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X