Right of First Refusal to sell freehold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right of First Refusal to sell freehold

Have block of 4 leasehold flats, one leaseholder has offered to purchase freehold of total. I understand I need to send a Right of First Refusal form to the other 3 leaseholders. How do I get hold of a form or the relevant wording required?

Hi did you ever get the answer?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
      by eagle2
      The cost of extending a lease is not a service charge expense so there is no reason to allocate it on the 38/31/31 basis, your offer to split those costs equally seems to be reasonable. It is up to the freeholder to decide what is fair and reasonable for the service charges and it is up to the other...
      28-05-2022, 05:29 AM
    • Share of feehold/shared service charges?
      by Stu1020
      Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and looking for advice on a sticky freehold situation.

I own a two-bed flat in a converted building with two one-beds. The lease states that a fair proportion is payable towards the service charge. However, there has been a running agreement of...
      20-05-2022, 11:39 AM
    • Old managing agents accounts
      by jazzythumper
      Since obtaining the RTM and changing the managing agent, we have never been given full accounts / receipts for the previous year(s). We believe that as the old freeholder and leaser holder of one of the flats were represented by the same solicitor that prior to the sale of the freehold, we were subsidising...
      20-05-2022, 11:21 AM
    • Reply to Old managing agents accounts
      by eagle2
      Unless the handover took place at the end of the financial year, it is the RTM's responsibility to produce the annual accounts. You could try making a formal complaint against the agent to supply copies of all supporting documents, it should belong to a redress scheme. The difficulty is that the agent...
      28-05-2022, 05:05 AM
    • Freehold confusion
      by davetg
      30 years ago I bought a flat from a friend. The freehold at the time was registered to my friend and the lady who owned the other flat. I understood at the time that I would replace the friend on the freehold but this never happened. This was not a problem until now as when work on the structure of...
      24-05-2022, 14:29 PM
    • Reply to Freehold confusion
      by CStevens
      davetg,

The property should be registered so the land registry should hold a copy of the leases. You would need to look at the leases to see who is responsible for what but normally in a maisonette situation the freeholder would insure and maintain the structure, foundation and roof with...
      27-05-2022, 21:58 PM
      by CStevens
      Yeah i guess i would agree with that but, as you say, the value is only to the leaseholders and a freehold subject to 999 years is not worth a great deal of money to anyone other than the occupants and in fact, if the leases are drafted correctly, they should require the leaseholders to become members...
      27-05-2022, 21:52 PM
    • 2-1 transfer - what does Freeholder do?
      by Flashback1966
      I am a Freeholder. Have a flat there too. I have received an email from the leaseholder's soclitors acting for Mr A. They are doing a 2-1 transfer from the names of Mr A and Ms B to just Mr.

The solicitors want to know the requirements on completion.

Is is just a notice of...
      26-05-2022, 18:46 PM
    • Reply to 2-1 transfer - what does Freeholder do?
      by Gordon999
      Flashback1966,

I suggest you reply to leaseholder's solicitor and request a copy of the land registry title to confirm the name of new leaseholder plus £15 registration fee.
      27-05-2022, 18:05 PM
      by davetg
      Thanks for the replies:-
      My friend is alive and well and shows up on google as he is very high up in a big American telecoms company so I should be able to get back in touch.

I can't see my friend having any problem with the TR1 me replacing him on the freehold was always what was...
      27-05-2022, 16:50 PM
    Working...
    X