Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffrey
    replied
    So Council still own freehold reversion. Read your lease. Do they covenant to enforce the obligations of other lessees/tenants?

Leave a comment:

• alenuk
    replied
    Please clarify.
    1. Are you a long-leaseholder or only a short-term tenant?
    2. Were the upstairs flat's occupiers only short-term tenants of its long-leaseholder?
    3. Are the Council freeholders of the whole block?
    ==============
    Thanks for fast reply

1.Yes,i bought the flat in 2002 so i am long leaseholder..
    2.People upstairs moved in 2004 and they were council tenants.Mother with 3 kids and husband or partner coming now and then.
    Making so much noise from day 1.Complained to council-all waste of time,.
    When they moved,one of council guys said..they were using the floor that is forbiden to be used in flats..
    That is why i could almost never sleep during the day or before 11.00pm..
    Thinking back..most probably benefit froud..cos they bought new car and ahd another one.
    Also learn that Apparently demolishing flat,when tenents leave is common thing!
    Council do nothing...but i know i will be the one paying for their neglience.
    I am really worried,that new tenants will be some scam again..
    3.Yes,they are...hounslow council,london to be precise

I wrote them email and called them..still no answer from them.
    But hey..if i am late with my service charge or council tax they are so quick to respond.
    Almost thinking to sue them and moving from here once for all.
    Paying too much for nothing really..Or paying for stress-if ,getting grey!
    Well thanks for any help and advice

Leave a comment:

• dominic
    replied
    Or.. to put Jeffrey's response into more lay friendly terms:

a. are you tenant? If so are you a private tenant or do you rent directly from the council or other social landlord?

b. or do you own your flat?

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Please clarify.
    1. Are you a long-leaseholder or only a short-term tenant?
    2. Were the upstairs flat's occupiers only short-term tenants of its long-leaseholder?
    3. Are the Council freeholders of the whole block?

Leave a comment:

• alenuk
    started a topic Council own f/r to my flat; much noise from other flat

Council own f/r to my flat; much noise from other flat

i am sorry if this is wrong forum but feel need some advice
    recently tenants who were living in the flat above me -moved
    had always problems with them..cos their children like running all day in their flat and floor they used was not carper
    complained to the council..they suggested counceling..tenat above refused...wasted my time..do they really care

2 weeks ago they moved
    also they left water tap running so leakage started in bathroom-had to call emergency repairs

then it was where i learnt before they moved they demolished the flat
    floor,walls,

now i experiencing noise from council who need to repair the flat from 7.30 in the morning
    it is just too much..can not sleep..just called them and report it
    also i was told they were using the floor that wasnt supposed to be used in council flats..

now
    1.what time can they start working
    2.do they need to inform before they start
    3.when i called them for emergency repair for water leakage-i didnt receive any feedback,so needed to go up to see what happened..can this be right?

What are my rights,because i am so fed up i want to move from here.
    thanks for help

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Share of feehold/shared service charges?
    by Stu1020
    Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and looking for advice on a sticky freehold situation.

I own a two-bed flat in a converted building with two one-beds. The lease states that a fair proportion is payable towards the service charge. However, there has been a running agreement of...
    20-05-2022, 11:39 AM
  • Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
    by sgclacy
    You appear to have bought into the flat knowing at the time your share is 38% and having owned the flat feel that this is unjust.

Did you raise any concerns questions at the time of purchase that in a three flat split you would be paying more than 33.33% . Could it be argued that the unfairness...
    28-05-2022, 09:04 AM
  • Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
    by eagle2
    The cost of extending a lease is not a service charge expense so there is no reason to allocate it on the 38/31/31 basis, your offer to split those costs equally seems to be reasonable. It is up to the freeholder to decide what is fair and reasonable for the service charges and it is up to the other...
    28-05-2022, 05:29 AM
  • Reply to Old managing agents accounts
    by eagle2
    Unless the handover took place at the end of the financial year, it is the RTM's responsibility to produce the annual accounts. You could try making a formal complaint against the agent to supply copies of all supporting documents, it should belong to a redress scheme. The difficulty is that the agent...
    28-05-2022, 05:05 AM
  • Old managing agents accounts
    by jazzythumper
    Since obtaining the RTM and changing the managing agent, we have never been given full accounts / receipts for the previous year(s). We believe that as the old freeholder and leaser holder of one of the flats were represented by the same solicitor that prior to the sale of the freehold, we were subsidising...
    20-05-2022, 11:21 AM
  • Freehold confusion
    by davetg
    30 years ago I bought a flat from a friend. The freehold at the time was registered to my friend and the lady who owned the other flat. I understood at the time that I would replace the friend on the freehold but this never happened. This was not a problem until now as when work on the structure of...
    24-05-2022, 14:29 PM
  • Reply to Freehold confusion
    by CStevens
    davetg,

The property should be registered so the land registry should hold a copy of the leases. You would need to look at the leases to see who is responsible for what but normally in a maisonette situation the freeholder would insure and maintain the structure, foundation and roof with...
    27-05-2022, 21:58 PM
  • Reply to Freehold confusion
    by CStevens
    Yeah i guess i would agree with that but, as you say, the value is only to the leaseholders and a freehold subject to 999 years is not worth a great deal of money to anyone other than the occupants and in fact, if the leases are drafted correctly, they should require the leaseholders to become members...
    27-05-2022, 21:52 PM
  • 2-1 transfer - what does Freeholder do?
    by Flashback1966
    I am a Freeholder. Have a flat there too. I have received an email from the leaseholder's soclitors acting for Mr A. They are doing a 2-1 transfer from the names of Mr A and Ms B to just Mr.

The solicitors want to know the requirements on completion.

Is is just a notice of...
    26-05-2022, 18:46 PM
  • Reply to 2-1 transfer - what does Freeholder do?
    by Gordon999
    Flashback1966,

I suggest you reply to leaseholder's solicitor and request a copy of the land registry title to confirm the name of new leaseholder plus £15 registration fee.
    27-05-2022, 18:05 PM
Working...
X