Is there a national Leaseholders' Association?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a national Leaseholders' Association?

Does anyone know of any nationwide leaseholder association or scheme whereby for a monthly fee, member leaseholders benefit from legal representation, advice and support from the association in helping them protect their rights against rogue freeholders?

I suppose I imagine something like a "union" and a principle of collective might.

1. There is a leaseholders-of-flats forum ('Flat Living') at http://www.flat-livingforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13.
    2. Also see Residentsline Ltd., at www.residentsline.co.uk. It issues a useful quarterly newsletter, detailing recent developments.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thanks Jeffrey

Comment

Check out the federation of private residents association ( www.fpra.org.uk )

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
          Check out the federation of private residents association ( www.fpra.org.uk )
          Interesting.... but this seems geared towards leaseholders who are already members of established residents' associations.

Comment

Why is that a problem? Are you looking for an association that deals with individual leaseholders as opposed to residents' associations?

To my mind, the best way to protect your rights as a lessee is to enforce the covenants of the lease and rely on the applicable landlord/tenant/property acts. Do what you can yourself or employ a solicitor.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X