Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTE- need surveyor/solicitor- recommendations please

Morning

I am looking for a referral for an organisation that can assist with RTE for two flats in the same place (a house converted into two flats)

I am looking for a 'one stop shop' rather than using solicitors and a separate valuer

Can anyone help?

So you seek someone who is simultaneously:
    a. a Chartered Surveyor; and
    b. a Solicitor?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Not necessarily because I know that would be virtually impossible.

More like organisations that work together where there will not be a doubling of fees.

Which I have heard can happen

Comment

Originally posted by andy1967 View Post
        Not necessarily because I know that would be virtually impossible.

More like organisations that work together where there will not be a doubling of fees.

Which I have heard can happen
        Really, the fees should be the same in total no matter whether or not the two of them work for the same firm.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Many thanks - however it would be good to get a referral for a company that someone has used - rather than the internet search lottery

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to RTM Company Member Incorporation
            by Milhouse
            If there are 50% of the leaseholders as members when the RTM company takes over (as required), then most of those leaseholders sell up and cease to be members, leaving 1 member of the RTM, there is nothing to currently say this is wrong, so the membership level can be anything (of course not zero) after...
            25-06-2022, 13:48 PM
          • RTM Company Member Incorporation
            by Neil M82
            Hi,

Apologies is this is in the wrong forum section but does anyone know how to go about adding a member (not a director) to a RTM company several years after the company was formed?
            23-06-2022, 19:40 PM
          • Reply to EWS1 scandal - can anything be done?
            by Milhouse
            mcdonaa8,

Firstly I fully feel your predicament.

Based on PAS9980 there will be a risk from the wooden flooring on the balconies since it will be a way for fire to jump the building in the event of a balcony fire, caused by some reckless resident throwing a cigarette off theirs...
            25-06-2022, 12:54 PM
          • EWS1 scandal - can anything be done?
            by mcdonaa8
            I own a flat in East London which I loved living in. However in July 2019 I had a child and moved in with the misses and rented my flat out on a permission to let.

Due to the EWS1 scandal I have found myself, like many others, unable to remortgage. My existing lender won't offer any deals...
            16-06-2022, 15:38 PM
            by Milhouse
            There is no requirement to hold the membership register with companies house, it should be maintained at the head office of the RTM and made available for inspection by members.

All companies limited by guarantee (as well as other types of company) are required to keep a Register of Members...
            25-06-2022, 12:42 PM
            by Gordon999
            Neil M82,

I suggest you send email enquiry to Companies House asking "how to file new member's details for RTM company ( limited by guarantee )" ?
            25-06-2022, 12:14 PM
            by Milhouse
            Hi Eagle, the model articles do not make it a condition that they pay for the setup costs to become a member, any leaseholder is entitled to become a member.
            25-06-2022, 12:05 PM
            by Neil M82
            There are six, five of which participated in the formation of the RTM company. I've already done exactly what you have suggested & asked them to contribute 1/6 of the original costs & split that equally between the original five leaseholders. I was just wondering if there's anything I need to...
            25-06-2022, 11:55 AM
            by eagle2
            How many leaseholders are there in total? If a leaseholder did not participate originally and is now seeking to become a member, you should make it a condition that he/she pays a contribution towards the initial costs. You should then credit the 6 leaseholders in the proportion in which they contributed...
            25-06-2022, 04:53 AM
          • Advice on claim for legal expenses by landlord over missing Ground Rent
            by L.Dina
            Hello, I'm hoping someone can offer some advice to help me and my sister. We inherited our Dad's flat a couple of years ago and I have been bills as and when they come in. Unfortunately, it seems that the landlord has been sending Ground Rent bills directly to the flat and we haven't seen these at all....
            23-06-2022, 10:45 AM
          Working...
          X