Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTE- need surveyor/solicitor- recommendations please

Morning

I am looking for a referral for an organisation that can assist with RTE for two flats in the same place (a house converted into two flats)

I am looking for a 'one stop shop' rather than using solicitors and a separate valuer

Can anyone help?

So you seek someone who is simultaneously:
    a. a Chartered Surveyor; and
    b. a Solicitor?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Not necessarily because I know that would be virtually impossible.

More like organisations that work together where there will not be a doubling of fees.

Which I have heard can happen

Comment

Originally posted by andy1967 View Post
        Not necessarily because I know that would be virtually impossible.

More like organisations that work together where there will not be a doubling of fees.

Which I have heard can happen
        Really, the fees should be the same in total no matter whether or not the two of them work for the same firm.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Many thanks - however it would be good to get a referral for a company that someone has used - rather than the internet search lottery

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• 2-1 transfer - what does Freeholder do?
            by Flashback1966
            I am a Freeholder. Have a flat there too. I have received an email from the leaseholder's soclitors acting for Mr A. They are doing a 2-1 transfer from the names of Mr A and Ms B to just Mr.

The solicitors want to know the requirements on completion.

Is is just a notice of...
            26-05-2022, 18:46 PM
          • Share of feehold/shared service charges?
            by Stu1020
            Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and looking for advice on a sticky freehold situation.

I own a two-bed flat in a converted building with two one-beds. The lease states that a fair proportion is payable towards the service charge. However, there has been a running agreement of...
            20-05-2022, 11:39 AM
          • Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
            by Flashback1966
            The other flats are demanding I pay 38% of costs to extend leases when the freehold itself, a very comparable legal procedure, was calculated on an equal third share.

Confused. Did you extend the lease or buy the Frehold?

In my opinion, if the Freehold was purchased, it should...
            26-05-2022, 17:49 PM
          • Reply to S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
            by Gordon999
            If the review is just between 2 flats, calling a meeting with upstairs leaseholder , to review quotations and decide which one to accept will be quicker than waiting for 30 days. With inflation around 10% p.a , the parties at the meeting could choose to accept a quotation at 2.5% higher than a...
            26-05-2022, 14:20 PM
          • Old managing agents accounts
            by jazzythumper
            Since obtaining the RTM and changing the managing agent, we have never been given full accounts / receipts for the previous year(s). We believe that as the old freeholder and leaser holder of one of the flats were represented by the same solicitor that prior to the sale of the freehold, we were subsidising...
            20-05-2022, 11:21 AM
          • Reply to Old managing agents accounts
            by jazzythumper
            Does it matter that it has been more than six months since the RTM took control? Does it matter than the freeholder who I would like to see these accounts from sold the freehold more than 6months ago? Is there a standard template or form I could use to write to the previous freeholder?

26-05-2022, 11:26 AM
            by eagle2
            I suggest that you apply to or take action against the freeholder directly, the agent is only acting on behalf of the freeholder. If you think that the freeholder is likely to supply information, you can ask him to volunteer it otherwise you will apply to the Tribunal. If he is unlikely to volunteer...
            26-05-2022, 05:38 AM
            by jazzythumper
            would this be a good starting point?

https://www.lease-advice.org/faq/how...eing-used-for/...
            25-05-2022, 15:37 PM
            by jazzythumper
            As in a simple application to the old managing agent Or freeholder? Which one?

To provide all accounts and payments based on the fact that we disagree with the charges? How far back can we go? And does having paid the service charges mean we have agreed to these?

Thanks for...
            25-05-2022, 15:31 PM
          • Reply to Freehold confusion
            by Section20z
            It's never advisable , it can cause serious issues if you have a claim affecting communal areas. For buildings insurance the whole property should be covered and the cost split between the two flats.
            The only problem with an absent freeholder is that when selling the flat a pernickity solicitor...
            25-05-2022, 10:02 AM
          Working...
          X