Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information from managing agent re previous works

Hi all

I recently have been asked by the freeholders agents to paint the outside of the property which is fine and has been done. They are absolutely lovely and leave me and my neighbour alone as long as we keep the property nice.

I plan long term to buy the upstairs flat and convert the property back into a single house so I'm really keen to know what work has been carried out on the property since the house was split into flats.

Am I able to request information regarding works prior to the date I moved in? If so how would I request this information.

I would also like to see the original plans for the property prior to it being converted into flats. Is there anyway this information can be found?

Many thanks as always

p.a

Sorry to sound dumb but what is a "peppercorn rent"?

Originally posted by essexlandlord View Post

Sorry to sound dumb but what is a "peppercorn rent"?
    Only question I can answer, a peppercorn is a small payment of money or in most cases something as widely available as a peppercorn (rock, blade of grass, items which have no real value but can be transferred from one person to another as a means of payment) used to satisfy the requirements for the creation of a legal contract.
    My views and posts are based on my opinion and any advice given is just that, advice. If you decide to act on any advice given it is with the full knowledge that I am not perfect and anything I say could be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by essexlandlord View Post
      I plan long term to buy the upstairs flat and convert the property back into a single house so I'm really keen to know what work has been carried out on the property since the house was split into flats.

Am I able to request information regarding works prior to the date I moved in? If so how would I request this information.

I would also like to see the original plans for the property prior to it being converted into flats. Is there anyway this information can be found?
      Sorrel is right regarding a peppercorn rent. It's a rent which is of no money value.

I cannot find any automatic right for you to demand information now re works prior to your purchase, but:
      a. there is no real reason why the freehold reversioner (F) would refuse to divulge this; and
      b. much information might have been supplied by your V (either from his/her own knowledge or as notified by F) at the time of your purchase- ask your solicitors for copies of whatever Questionnaire form replies (or Enquiries before Contract) were handed over by V's solicitors.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

thanks everyone as always

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X