Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracts after enfranchisement

Just been enfranchised.

There are a number small maintenance contracts, fire extinguishers, building maintenance etc. To get a better deal we as landlord signed up to a five year maintenance contract. These are only a year old.

Very small value all under £200 pa. Which meant there wasn't a need for consultation.

When the Man Co takes over what happens as there are outstanding agreements with early exit penalties if they are severed.

Or as the man Co are taking over from the landlord do these obligations transfer to the Man Co?

Maintenance contracts post-enfranchisement

We have an extensive article being published on this point in next issue of News on the Block magazine, as part of our feature on enfranchisement. If you would like to send your details through to markg@newsontheblock.com we can supply you with a copy.
    News on the Block is the leading publication in the UK about flat ownership and management. Visit
    We also publish the book-"".
    For summaries and analysis of LVT cases please visit:
    All posts are made in good faith for general information only and no liability can be accepted for any loss or expense suffered by relying on these statements.

Comment

My understanding is that the new legal entity does not inherit the legal obligations of the old legal entity. However, the previous management entity WILL be liable to honour those contracts and the directors I am guessing are common to both.

If the supplier is reasonable, you should find that they would rather avoid any lengthy legal actions and may be willing to transfer the contract to the new company.
      Leasehold Solutions Ltd
      Freeing tenants from the slavery of lease
      andy@leasehold{remove this bit}solutions.com
      0808 1311 109 -
      http://www.leaseholdsolutions.com

Comment

I have always treated these contracts as being "frustrated" and therefore unenforceable by those you have contracted with.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X