House- enfranchisement to escape mgt. co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much depends on:
    a. lessees' attitude; and
    b. whether expenses have already been spent or are merely proposed but not yet incurred.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

The reason I was enquiring about a reimbursement of insurance contributions already paid is since the Lessor/Company was notified of my intention to enfranchise, estimates for non-essential relatively expensive works only beneficial to them in the future are suddenly been sourced. As there are not sufficient funds available I am expecting to be approached to make up my share of the shortfall.

So on top of the enfranchisement fees of which I’m expecting to be high because of the Lessor/Companies past history of dragging things out to the last minute, I am now looking at more unnecessary expense.

Even if the enfranchisement is successful in obtaining total separation I am also left with an expensive repair to my roof which the Lessor/Company refused to finance because of a problem where the Lease Plans are not of true depiction. http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ad.php?t=13069

I am also left to finance the exterior decoration of my dwelling which is starting to look tatty and is overdue according to my lease.

So if I sound like I’m penny pinching and bitter it’s because I am.

That’s my moan over with for today.

Thank you Jeffrey

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X