TV Aerial damaged my satellite dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Aerial damaged my satellite dish

I own a 1 bed flat which is situated in converted house with 6 flats.

each flat has the right to install a tv aerial / satellite dish on the roof. My signal stopped and when I checked I found a TV Aerials had broken away from the wall and damaged my dish. I contacted the managing agent and they said it is not there responsibility as there is no communal aerial. I informed them that since they granted to right to a non communal area that had to be responsibly, and I demanded the costs to repair, they also refused to confirm who owned the tv aerial. Can anyone confirm who is responsible for the repairs costs?

Act of God-blame the lord

Comment

If a neighbour parks in a communal car park and their call rolls into your neighbour fault, so I think it’s the owner of aerials thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Sberryman View Post
        If a neighbour parks in a communal car park and their call rolls into your neighbour fault, so I think it’s the owner of aerials thought.
        Are cars and aerials/dishes analogous? Is your question in a coded format?

Comment

I suspect you may be onto something, if the freeholder/agent gave their permission for anything to be afixed to THEIR property then i think they do have a duty of care to ensure it is fixed correctly, what if it fell off the roof and killed someone ? Then what ....... the flat owner, the aerial fitter... the freeholder.....

They do have some responsibility i feel due to, as you say, giving permission, if they wanted to stay litigation free they should have provided a communal aerial and banned anyone else from fitting one, if it happened then, the individual who fitted it would be liable. Maybe wrong but i think that makes sense.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X