Fire door survey requirement for a London block of flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire door survey requirement for a London block of flats

Has anyone had to commission one of these? Any ideas on costs (10 flats in one block)?

What about the fire brigade for free?

A lot of info here: https://www.london-fire.gov.uk/safet...nt/fire-doors/

Comment

That is valuable guidance but a survey is required so as to help convince the individual owners that they are required to upgrade their doors (where they do)

Comment

I have a similar problem. The fra advised fire doors on each flat and the best solution is to replace all the doors and frames in one contract to achieve fd30 standard.
        The lease is vague so it may end up at the ftt for a ruling as at least one will object!
        ​​​​​

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Enforcement of Nuisance Clause
          by comm1985
          What can a freeholder do to a leaseholder who is subletting to a subtenant that is causing nuisance to the adjacent neighbours (anti social behaviour).

Steps Taken so far:

1) A police complaint against the subtenant has already been raised by the adjacent neighbours.
          15-08-2022, 10:00 AM
        • Reply to Enforcement of Nuisance Clause
          by AndrewDod
          You can likely do nothing at all, but letting us know the exact problem would help.

Landlords of tenants can hardly remove them anyway even if they want to do so - so not sure that your S146 is going to assist. The nuclear option is hardly likely to succeed anyway....
          15-08-2022, 17:30 PM
        • Freehold shared parking question
          by Neeeeeeeeeek10
          We have bought a freehold flat which is one of the few flats in the building that has parking permission in the deeds. There are only a few spaces so it isn't allocated and only the flats that have it in the deeds can park in them. The person who owns the freehold to the shared areas and I assume the...
          08-08-2022, 17:51 PM
        • Reply to Freehold shared parking question
          by Lawcruncher
          There is no need to get a solicitor to write a letter. Solicitors come expensive these days. I suggest you write a letter to the owner reminding him of the right on your title - quote the words. Tell him that if the posts are not removed within seven days you will engage a workmen to remove them. Get...
          15-08-2022, 16:53 PM
        • Bank Account for Residents' Management Company
          by bigalxyz
          Am I in the right forum...?

I live in a leasehold flat in the basement of a large house. There are 11 flats in total. There has been an agreement in principle for the leaseholders to take over the management of the buildings from the current property management company, which should happen...
          20-06-2019, 13:37 PM
        • Reply to Bank Account for Residents' Management Company
          by lozzywoods
          Hello, I'm really hoping someone on this thread can help me. Has anyone else had success opening an account for holding maintenance funds for a small block of self managed flats?

All the hughstreet banks insist that I must set up a business bank account first, which of course involves paying...
          15-08-2022, 16:06 PM
        • S146 manipulation
          by Granger
          Interested to get thoughts on this issue.
          Managing Agent A has ties to solicitor B. Block Company C has a flat owner D who was in arrears of, say, £1500.
          A advises C that D must be taken to court. B runs up costs of say £8000 preparing case and in anticipation of S146 follow through....
          13-08-2022, 15:25 PM
        • Reply to S146 manipulation
          by Granger
          Another option? Could the block company directors refer matters to their Indemnity Insurers and leave the insurers and rogue solicitor to fight it out rather than either the flat owner or freeholder finishing up paying inflated and unwarranted fees? If the freeholder directors were found not liable...
          15-08-2022, 10:00 AM
        • Reply to Freehold shared parking question
          by Neeeeeeeeeek10
          Thanks lawmaker. there is another planning application (which I refer to earlier) from a few years ago, I am trying to get a colour copy of that as it identifies the exact area existing flat owners with parking in the deeds are allowed to use, it's the forecourt so we know this is the area which he...
          15-08-2022, 08:36 AM
        • Reply to S146 manipulation
          by eagle2
          The agent and the solicitor would definitely know what they were doing and have an idea of the costs involved. There are different ways of the agent being rewarded but obtaining proof is difficult. To be fair, the management company should be able to rely on advice given to it by an agent and it has...
          15-08-2022, 05:21 AM
        Working...
        X