Fire door survey requirement for a London block of flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire door survey requirement for a London block of flats

Has anyone had to commission one of these? Any ideas on costs (10 flats in one block)?

What about the fire brigade for free?

A lot of info here: https://www.london-fire.gov.uk/safet...nt/fire-doors/

Comment

That is valuable guidance but a survey is required so as to help convince the individual owners that they are required to upgrade their doors (where they do)

Comment

I have a similar problem. The fra advised fire doors on each flat and the best solution is to replace all the doors and frames in one contract to achieve fd30 standard.
        The lease is vague so it may end up at the ftt for a ruling as at least one will object!
        ​​​​​

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Ground Rent review
          by Century
          United Scientific Holdings v Burnley Borough Council

Does this case mean that for a residential lease failure to give notice of GR increase during the review period doesn't matter? I.e review can be at any time, even after specified review date?
          11-08-2022, 14:47 PM
        • Reply to Ground Rent review
          by Lawcruncher
          A section 166 notice relating to the reviewed rent cannot be served until the rent has been quantified.
          12-08-2022, 14:03 PM
          by Century
          Not the same developer - 3 different ones. Don’t know about conveyancer.

Counter notice will be served of course. S166 notice also defective for Wales - I won’t go into details in case there are spies from freeholder and/or their agent.🥸...
          12-08-2022, 12:56 PM
          by Lawcruncher
          I think the way the law sees it is that the tenant has a lease with the provision in it and knows that on certain dates the rent will increase and on what basis.

Must be the same developer and/or conveyancer.

Having a rent review for a ground rent is not generally...
          12-08-2022, 12:18 PM
        • Reply to Freeholder Premium to consent
          by Limply
          According to the lease, the roof and the roof structure are included in the Demised Premises. There is no mention of the space above the roof.

And wow I wasn't expecting that many answers! In any case, the other leaseholder (we are only 2 in the house) is open to buying the freehold so...
          12-08-2022, 12:17 PM
        • Freeholder Premium to consent
          by Limply
          Hi all,

I am looking at extending my leasehold flat by adding a newbuild next to the loft (will be erected on top of the first floor). I have just asked my freeholder for the process to follow. In the past they have asked me to pay a "Landlord’s premium for the consent to be established
          11-08-2022, 16:20 PM
          by AndrewDod
          Not sure it does suggest that (either the no-ownership or the inferiority). A contract can be an asset in itself.

Some contracts are worth a lot (A New York Yellow Taxi Token was worth a $million until Uber came along).

Yes "You have no ownership in the building"...
          12-08-2022, 12:12 PM
          by Century
          Thanks Lawcruncher! That is hardly an equitable situation for the leaseholders, but if that’s case law then so be it.
          BTW I have residential properties in three separate developments and all have identical clauses to 3.1 and 3.2 as posted above...
          12-08-2022, 11:58 AM
          by Lawcruncher
          It is more than mere semantics. For a start, on a forum which purports to give legal advice, we should not be saying anything which is not true. "You have no ownership in the building" is not true.

A tenancy is a tenancy is a tenancy. All tenancies have something in common. However,...
          12-08-2022, 11:49 AM
          by Lawcruncher
          I was interrupted while writing post 12 and posted it before reading posts 10 and 11.

Of course if any improvement involves extending into an area not included in the demise the landlord can demand a premium for extending the area of the demise. Any discussion about how the premium should...
          12-08-2022, 11:12 AM
        Working...
        X