2 misconceived court claims and last minute back down by landlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 misconceived court claims and last minute back down by landlord

Over the last few years the current directors have made simple mistakes and brought court claim after court claim against me causing me stress, distress and lots of wasted time and energy. I have tried to be reasonable call meetings to discuss and collaborate and still they carry on and NO I cant remove them as they are in the majority. So I had to bring in a solicitor as the directors had made a false statement signed as a statement of truth on a public court document ...basically they lied so they withdrew the court claim, now they want to put the directors legal costs through the service charge and for me to meet their costs when they have been incompetent and lied. I really don't know where to take this as I feel that they are penalising me for their mistakes. Its incredibly unfair and now I feel I have to sell as I cant live like this any longer.

Challenge the legal costs in the service charge account at the FTT once they have issued the service charge accounts

Comment

Thank you, I have just asked for my service charge account and annual summary of sinking fund balance, for the last 5 years I have repeatedly asked/requested via section 21 and section 22 L&T 1985 acts access to invoices, documents etc and I have never seen a bank account statement ever! I am the only leaseholder and member who has never seen the bank accounts and all the invoices etc....the directors are incompetent, all self serving interests self promoting, breach their own leases and I get no say literally just demands for money!!! Considering appoint a manager route as my property is experiencing damp and despite numerous letters and many meetings no appointment made to come along and investigate the issues or collectively repair its done my head in as I am a reasonable person.

Comment

Welcome to the world of leasehold property where incompetent directors (and others who should know better) can mismanage buildings and leaseholders suffer. You will probably find that the sinking fund was raided in order to finance their wrongful legal action and now they are trying to replenish that fund by making service charge demands to recover their unreasonable costs.

I agree with sgclacy in #2, you can apply to a Tribunal to determine whether or not you need to pay the charges. The Tribunal will probably agree with you, however, it does not have the jurisdiction to require the directors to refund the monies. So the sinking fund will remain depleted. The next stage will be that the sinking fund contributions will be increased and that will be more difficult for you to challenge.

As you cannot remove the directors, you should consider seriously selling your property. The alternative is to apply to the Tribunal to appoint a manager, but that can be expensive and make it difficult to sell your property.

Comment

Thank you and in all this time they have never addressed any repair issues only repair issues to the directors flats so my flat has probably depreciated in costs and may be harder to sell with the damp issues. Yes they only way out now is to go to the FTT and have constant battles or sell.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to RTM Company Member Incorporation
            by Milhouse
            If there are 50% of the leaseholders as members when the RTM company takes over (as required), then most of those leaseholders sell up and cease to be members, leaving 1 member of the RTM, there is nothing to currently say this is wrong, so the membership level can be anything (of course not zero) after...
            25-06-2022, 13:48 PM
          • RTM Company Member Incorporation
            by Neil M82
            Hi,

Apologies is this is in the wrong forum section but does anyone know how to go about adding a member (not a director) to a RTM company several years after the company was formed?
            23-06-2022, 19:40 PM
          • Reply to EWS1 scandal - can anything be done?
            by Milhouse
            mcdonaa8,

Firstly I fully feel your predicament.

Based on PAS9980 there will be a risk from the wooden flooring on the balconies since it will be a way for fire to jump the building in the event of a balcony fire, caused by some reckless resident throwing a cigarette off theirs...
            25-06-2022, 12:54 PM
          • EWS1 scandal - can anything be done?
            by mcdonaa8
            I own a flat in East London which I loved living in. However in July 2019 I had a child and moved in with the misses and rented my flat out on a permission to let.

Due to the EWS1 scandal I have found myself, like many others, unable to remortgage. My existing lender won't offer any deals...
            16-06-2022, 15:38 PM
            by Milhouse
            There is no requirement to hold the membership register with companies house, it should be maintained at the head office of the RTM and made available for inspection by members.

All companies limited by guarantee (as well as other types of company) are required to keep a Register of Members...
            25-06-2022, 12:42 PM
            by Gordon999
            Neil M82,

I suggest you send email enquiry to Companies House asking "how to file new member's details for RTM company ( limited by guarantee )" ?
            25-06-2022, 12:14 PM
            by Milhouse
            Hi Eagle, the model articles do not make it a condition that they pay for the setup costs to become a member, any leaseholder is entitled to become a member.
            25-06-2022, 12:05 PM
            by Neil M82
            There are six, five of which participated in the formation of the RTM company. I've already done exactly what you have suggested & asked them to contribute 1/6 of the original costs & split that equally between the original five leaseholders. I was just wondering if there's anything I need to...
            25-06-2022, 11:55 AM
            by eagle2
            How many leaseholders are there in total? If a leaseholder did not participate originally and is now seeking to become a member, you should make it a condition that he/she pays a contribution towards the initial costs. You should then credit the 6 leaseholders in the proportion in which they contributed...
            25-06-2022, 04:53 AM
          • Reply to Advice on claim for legal expenses by landlord over missing Ground Rent
            by eagle2
            I am struggling to understand why you did not receive the ground rent demands. Did you not collect the mail or make arrangements for mail to be forwarded to you? I agree that you should notify the freeholder or its agent where to send demands and correspondence.

That aside, you should check...
            25-06-2022, 04:47 AM
          Working...
          X