Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydaton
    replied
    I'd talk this through with a different solicitor. You appear to have been let down.

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied
    Yet another incompetent solicitor ( if what you say is accurate) and a right mess as you can't grant a lease to yourself .
    why would you want to restrict your rights and downvalue your asset anyway ?

Leave a comment:

• What to include in creating a new lease to allow short lets

I was a sole freeholder over two flats in a terraced house . I sold half of the freehold to the flat above which is subject to a 1987 lease, albeit rather old-fashioned . After the freehold sale had been completed the solicitor (only one was used as I thought a simple conveyancing task) pointed out he had always intended to create me a lease. Time has past and we are finally getting around to this. The owner of the flat above is keen to place a restriction on how I let my flat not allowing any short lets like Air BNB. I am keen obviously to keep available all ways in which I might choose to rent out my flat out my flat within standard UK law. I most likely will have cleared the mortgage by this point so will not have a lender’s concerns to deal with although there is currently a buy to let mortgage in place. Does anyone have any experience of clauses in leases restricting how you can let a buy to let flat? Thanks
    Last edited by Poppy868; 25-01-2022, 08:36 AM. Reason: Edited because of errant apostrophe!

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to RTM Company Member Incorporation
    by Milhouse
    If there are 50% of the leaseholders as members when the RTM company takes over (as required), then most of those leaseholders sell up and cease to be members, leaving 1 member of the RTM, there is nothing to currently say this is wrong, so the membership level can be anything (of course not zero) after...
    25-06-2022, 13:48 PM
  • RTM Company Member Incorporation
    by Neil M82
    Hi,

Apologies is this is in the wrong forum section but does anyone know how to go about adding a member (not a director) to a RTM company several years after the company was formed?
    23-06-2022, 19:40 PM
  • Reply to EWS1 scandal - can anything be done?
    by Milhouse
    mcdonaa8,

Firstly I fully feel your predicament.

Based on PAS9980 there will be a risk from the wooden flooring on the balconies since it will be a way for fire to jump the building in the event of a balcony fire, caused by some reckless resident throwing a cigarette off theirs...
    25-06-2022, 12:54 PM
  • EWS1 scandal - can anything be done?
    by mcdonaa8
    I own a flat in East London which I loved living in. However in July 2019 I had a child and moved in with the misses and rented my flat out on a permission to let.

Due to the EWS1 scandal I have found myself, like many others, unable to remortgage. My existing lender won't offer any deals...
    16-06-2022, 15:38 PM
    by Milhouse
    There is no requirement to hold the membership register with companies house, it should be maintained at the head office of the RTM and made available for inspection by members.

All companies limited by guarantee (as well as other types of company) are required to keep a Register of Members...
    25-06-2022, 12:42 PM
    by Gordon999
    Neil M82,

I suggest you send email enquiry to Companies House asking "how to file new member's details for RTM company ( limited by guarantee )" ?
    25-06-2022, 12:14 PM
    by Milhouse
    Hi Eagle, the model articles do not make it a condition that they pay for the setup costs to become a member, any leaseholder is entitled to become a member.
    25-06-2022, 12:05 PM
    by Neil M82
    There are six, five of which participated in the formation of the RTM company. I've already done exactly what you have suggested & asked them to contribute 1/6 of the original costs & split that equally between the original five leaseholders. I was just wondering if there's anything I need to...
    25-06-2022, 11:55 AM
    by eagle2
    How many leaseholders are there in total? If a leaseholder did not participate originally and is now seeking to become a member, you should make it a condition that he/she pays a contribution towards the initial costs. You should then credit the 6 leaseholders in the proportion in which they contributed...
    25-06-2022, 04:53 AM
  • Reply to Advice on claim for legal expenses by landlord over missing Ground Rent
    by eagle2
    I am struggling to understand why you did not receive the ground rent demands. Did you not collect the mail or make arrangements for mail to be forwarded to you? I agree that you should notify the freeholder or its agent where to send demands and correspondence.

That aside, you should check...
    25-06-2022, 04:47 AM
Working...
X