What to include in creating a new lease to allow short lets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to include in creating a new lease to allow short lets

I was a sole freeholder over two flats in a terraced house . I sold half of the freehold to the flat above which is subject to a 1987 lease, albeit rather old-fashioned . After the freehold sale had been completed the solicitor (only one was used as I thought a simple conveyancing task) pointed out he had always intended to create me a lease. Time has past and we are finally getting around to this. The owner of the flat above is keen to place a restriction on how I let my flat not allowing any short lets like Air BNB. I am keen obviously to keep available all ways in which I might choose to rent out my flat out my flat within standard UK law. I most likely will have cleared the mortgage by this point so will not have a lender’s concerns to deal with although there is currently a buy to let mortgage in place. Does anyone have any experience of clauses in leases restricting how you can let a buy to let flat? Thanks
    Last edited by Poppy868; 25-01-2022, 08:36 AM. Reason: Edited because of errant apostrophe!

Yet another incompetent solicitor ( if what you say is accurate) and a right mess as you can't grant a lease to yourself .
    why would you want to restrict your rights and downvalue your asset anyway ?

Comment

I'd talk this through with a different solicitor. You appear to have been let down.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X