Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luverlyjuberly
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. We have signs up and have a Data policy. I can only guess he doesn't think the CCTV works or he doesn't care!

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    You probably should have signs up saying that there is CCTV, and have a Data policy. Beyond that I don't see a problem so long as it is restricted to the communal areas.

I would send them/landlord a £200 bill for cleanup

Leave a comment:

• Luverlyjuberly
    replied
    I should add that this is asking about the legality of showing someone footage, Data Protection, Privacy,etc.

Leave a comment:

• Luverlyjuberly
    started a topic Who can view CCTV?

Who can view CCTV?

I'm having a problem with someone spitting in the communal areas of our block of flats. The person is the boyfriend of a tenant. She has already been spoken to about the incidents but I think it likely that he denied it was him or claimed it was a accident (as he had a nasty cold when the spitting first began). However he has since been caught on CCTV deliberately spitting on the carpets so we have firm evidence. My question is: Am I allowed to show the tenant the footage of her boyfriend that we have? The footage of him spitting in the communal areas?
    Thanks for any replies.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to RTM Company Member Incorporation
    by Milhouse
    If there are 50% of the leaseholders as members when the RTM company takes over (as required), then most of those leaseholders sell up and cease to be members, leaving 1 member of the RTM, there is nothing to currently say this is wrong, so the membership level can be anything (of course not zero) after...
    25-06-2022, 13:48 PM
  • RTM Company Member Incorporation
    by Neil M82
    Hi,

Apologies is this is in the wrong forum section but does anyone know how to go about adding a member (not a director) to a RTM company several years after the company was formed?
    23-06-2022, 19:40 PM
  • Reply to EWS1 scandal - can anything be done?
    by Milhouse
    mcdonaa8,

Firstly I fully feel your predicament.

Based on PAS9980 there will be a risk from the wooden flooring on the balconies since it will be a way for fire to jump the building in the event of a balcony fire, caused by some reckless resident throwing a cigarette off theirs...
    25-06-2022, 12:54 PM
  • EWS1 scandal - can anything be done?
    by mcdonaa8
    I own a flat in East London which I loved living in. However in July 2019 I had a child and moved in with the misses and rented my flat out on a permission to let.

Due to the EWS1 scandal I have found myself, like many others, unable to remortgage. My existing lender won't offer any deals...
    16-06-2022, 15:38 PM
    by Milhouse
    There is no requirement to hold the membership register with companies house, it should be maintained at the head office of the RTM and made available for inspection by members.

All companies limited by guarantee (as well as other types of company) are required to keep a Register of Members...
    25-06-2022, 12:42 PM
    by Gordon999
    Neil M82,

I suggest you send email enquiry to Companies House asking "how to file new member's details for RTM company ( limited by guarantee )" ?
    25-06-2022, 12:14 PM
    by Milhouse
    Hi Eagle, the model articles do not make it a condition that they pay for the setup costs to become a member, any leaseholder is entitled to become a member.
    25-06-2022, 12:05 PM
    by Neil M82
    There are six, five of which participated in the formation of the RTM company. I've already done exactly what you have suggested & asked them to contribute 1/6 of the original costs & split that equally between the original five leaseholders. I was just wondering if there's anything I need to...
    25-06-2022, 11:55 AM
    by eagle2
    How many leaseholders are there in total? If a leaseholder did not participate originally and is now seeking to become a member, you should make it a condition that he/she pays a contribution towards the initial costs. You should then credit the 6 leaseholders in the proportion in which they contributed...
    25-06-2022, 04:53 AM
  • Advice on claim for legal expenses by landlord over missing Ground Rent
    by L.Dina
    Hello, I'm hoping someone can offer some advice to help me and my sister. We inherited our Dad's flat a couple of years ago and I have been bills as and when they come in. Unfortunately, it seems that the landlord has been sending Ground Rent bills directly to the flat and we haven't seen these at all....
    23-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Working...
X