Section 61 and my Landlords rights for an order of possesion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgclacy View Post
    Realistically, a commercial minded organization would, before incurring significant legal costs making an application, have nothing to lose by approaching the lessee and being prepared to offer slightly than the market price.
    I agree completely.

But...
    If that same commercially minded organisation already knew that one of the leaseholders they needed to move was determined to stay put, it may instead make commercial sense for them to one offer the market price for all flats, and then put the additional thousand or two (or whatever) towards the the legal fees that they will have to incur anyway because of that one leaseholder.

Usually I would expect most leaseholders in this situation to be willing to sell at just above market price, knowing that a court would be likely to grant the request - but if I was the freeholder I wouldn't pay much over the market price if I considered it likely that I would still need to go to court to get one or more leaseholders out.

It all depends on what the lowest total price would be expected to be.

Comment

Based upon the activity of the freeholder buying 8 of the other 12 flats, I would image that the OP will not have to wait 55 years before he gets approached by the freeholder to see if a deal can be struck - obviously he can reject such overtures in that period -

Comment

Thank you to all that have commented

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Share of feehold/shared service charges?
          by Stu1020
          Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and looking for advice on a sticky freehold situation.

I own a two-bed flat in a converted building with two one-beds. The lease states that a fair proportion is payable towards the service charge. However, there has been a running agreement of...
          20-05-2022, 11:39 AM
        • Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
          by eagle2
          I suggest that you ask the other 2 leaseholders to explain why they consider that the current allocation is fair. The freeholder has the right to review the allocation from time to time. Unfortunately, a "fair proportion" means that several alternatives would be considered reasonable to a...
          25-05-2022, 06:27 AM
        • RTM Hand Over Issues
          by martin15
          RTM handing over issues

Our RTM companies comprise 4 blocks of 6 identical two bedroom flats and each block is registered at Companies House as a separate company.
          Following the acquisition date, it was discovered the former directors ignored legal advice and changed property management companies...
          23-05-2022, 19:36 PM
        • Reply to RTM Hand Over Issues
          by eagle2
          You appear to have a claim against the freeholder, not the individual companies, who are acting as agent for the freeholder. A Tribunal does not have the jurisdiction to deal with monies which should be handed over, it is a matter for the courts,
          25-05-2022, 06:16 AM
        • Reply to Old managing agents accounts
          by eagle2
          You do not appear to hold sufficient information to make a claim against the freeholder at this stage. I suggest that you apply to the FTT to challenge the charges. You would then be able to ask the Tribunal to direct the freeholder to disclose further information....
          25-05-2022, 06:06 AM
        • Old managing agents accounts
          by jazzythumper
          Since obtaining the RTM and changing the managing agent, we have never been given full accounts / receipts for the previous year(s). We believe that as the old freeholder and leaser holder of one of the flats were represented by the same solicitor that prior to the sale of the freehold, we were subsidising...
          20-05-2022, 11:21 AM
        • Reply to S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
          by Macromia
          With just two properties involved, and you being a resident, your best option would probably be to agree a time to talk through the proposed work and the need to skip the full 30 days that are supposed to be allowed for each stage of consultation.
          If the other leaseholder has any major concerns,...
          25-05-2022, 02:52 AM
        • S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
          by Flatman78
          Hi LZ Community

Just wondering if anyone's had/having any issues with S20 and allowing leaseholder 30 days to review estimates, raise concerns etc.

Building material prices have fluctuated massively since covid and brexit.
          with a combination of Brexit, impact from russia/ukraine...
          23-05-2022, 14:42 PM
        • Reply to Freehold confusion
          by sgclacy
          Your friend may not have to have his ID confirmed as the consideration will be far less than £5,000 and if he did form ID5 makes life a lot easier as it can be done via a video link...
          24-05-2022, 19:59 PM
        • Freehold confusion
          by davetg
          30 years ago I bought a flat from a friend. The freehold at the time was registered to my friend and the lady who owned the other flat. I understood at the time that I would replace the friend on the freehold but this never happened. This was not a problem until now as when work on the structure of...
          24-05-2022, 14:29 PM
        Working...
        X