Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how this Clause will work post RTM

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 00.40.06.png

Is an audit still required? If so, can the account be audited by the Leaseholders chosen auditors?

It must be an older type of lease, more modern leases do not refer to an audit. In modern day language, it means that the service charge accounts should be reviewed by an independent accountant.

The RTM Company must comply with the lease and it may choose the accountant.

Comment

The service charge account holds money contributed by leaseholders who should be given an annual summary of income and expenditure for the year. Auditing by qualified accountant is a requirement if there are more than 4 leaseholders in the block of flats.

But in larger block of flats, auditing should be required especially if the service charge account is controlled by a managing agent appointed by an external company .

Comment

Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
        It must be an older type of lease, more modern leases do not refer to an audit. In modern day language, it means that the service charge accounts should be reviewed by an independent accountant.

The RTM Company must comply with the lease and it may choose the accountant.
        ok yes the meaning of audit is different now to what was meant when these leases were first drawn up in the 1970's. So just normal accountant. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Breaches of Model Articles
          by Starlane
          The Articles require a quorum for the board and shareholders, one of the directors sold their flat...I was not aware and find out months later that the director has been acting on their own then a new shareholder came onboard and again did not know that he had been appointed a director.They wont call...
          18-05-2022, 15:38 PM
        • Breaches of Model Articles
          by Starlane
          ram Our articles require a quorum for board and for shareholder meetings. It has come to light after the event that a director has called a meeting on their own and appointed another director, the meeting was inquorate and no members were made aware that this was going on, additionally no meeting has...
          06-05-2022, 16:02 PM
        • Section 20 notice of planned works not disclosed by vendor
          by Lexa
          Hi all

I purchased a flat last August and asked my solicitor specifically to check if any section 20 notices for planned works have been served. Their report dated 31/07/21 states no and so does the Leasehold Management Pack issued by the Manco dated 8 June 2021. I now received a letter...
          05-05-2022, 12:56 PM
        • Reply to Section 20 notice of planned works not disclosed by vendor
          by Lexa
          @sglacy - The works the notice has been served for are part of a cyclical decoration programme on the wider estate and there was no way to foresee any works being planned without being made aware of the notices or plans of works. It might have been evident to the vendor but not to me. The point is...
          18-05-2022, 13:20 PM
        • Neighbour Dispute over Bins
          by Tony-Edwards
          Hello

I could do with some guidance if anyone has any knowledge on this.

I have a 100 year old flat that was split from a larger building in 2000 and has a 999 year lease, it is next door to a commercial premises.

The only way to get to my flat is across their...
          17-05-2022, 14:40 PM
        • Reply to Neighbour Dispute over Bins
          by Tony-Edwards
          The Lease..........

(20.05.1997) By a Conveyance of the land in this title and other land dated 15 July 1977 made between (1) xxx (Vendor) and (2) xxxx (Purchaser) the land was conveyed subject as follows:-

Subject to all existing rights and privileges in the nature of easements...
          18-05-2022, 09:18 AM
        • Reply to Neighbour Dispute over Bins
          by royw
          Can't you leave them on the road for collection?
          18-05-2022, 08:43 AM
        • Recurrent leaks from flat upstairs
          by Ldawg
          The flat I rent out has suffered from recurrent leaks from upstairs since I purchased it, 4 leaks in 4 years. It's caused me to lose one tenant already. I feel like there is no incentive for the owner upstairs to sort the problem (check the plumbing etc) as the cost is always covered by insurance and...
          24-01-2022, 19:48 PM
        • Reply to Recurrent leaks from flat upstairs
          by JK0
          Do you have insurance for the contents? Maybe there is loss of rent cover included there.
          18-05-2022, 06:11 AM
        • RTM director service charge arrears
          by ARG
          Hello, I am new here so please excuse me if this question has already been asked, but a search has drawn a blank.

I am a director of an RTM of a property with 25 flats. I would be very grateful if anyone here can advise whether a resident who is more than six months in arrears with his...
          17-05-2022, 15:38 PM
        Working...
        X