Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how this Clause will work post RTM

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 00.40.06.png

Is an audit still required? If so, can the account be audited by the Leaseholders chosen auditors?

It must be an older type of lease, more modern leases do not refer to an audit. In modern day language, it means that the service charge accounts should be reviewed by an independent accountant.

The RTM Company must comply with the lease and it may choose the accountant.

Comment

The service charge account holds money contributed by leaseholders who should be given an annual summary of income and expenditure for the year. Auditing by qualified accountant is a requirement if there are more than 4 leaseholders in the block of flats.

But in larger block of flats, auditing should be required especially if the service charge account is controlled by a managing agent appointed by an external company .

Comment

Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
        It must be an older type of lease, more modern leases do not refer to an audit. In modern day language, it means that the service charge accounts should be reviewed by an independent accountant.

The RTM Company must comply with the lease and it may choose the accountant.
        ok yes the meaning of audit is different now to what was meant when these leases were first drawn up in the 1970's. So just normal accountant. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Neighbour Dispute over Bins
          by royw
          Can't you leave them on the road for collection?
          18-05-2022, 08:43 AM
        • Neighbour Dispute over Bins
          by Tony-Edwards
          Hello

I could do with some guidance if anyone has any knowledge on this.

I have a 100 year old flat that was split from a larger building in 2000 and has a 999 year lease, it is next door to a commercial premises.

The only way to get to my flat is across their...
          17-05-2022, 14:40 PM
        • Reply to Recurrent leaks from flat upstairs
          by JK0
          Do you have insurance for the contents? Maybe there is loss of rent cover included there.
          18-05-2022, 06:11 AM
        • Recurrent leaks from flat upstairs
          by Ldawg
          The flat I rent out has suffered from recurrent leaks from upstairs since I purchased it, 4 leaks in 4 years. It's caused me to lose one tenant already. I feel like there is no incentive for the owner upstairs to sort the problem (check the plumbing etc) as the cost is always covered by insurance and...
          24-01-2022, 19:48 PM
        • Reply to RTM director service charge arrears
          by fos333
          This is the important question, what are the reasons for non payment?

Have demands been correctly served including the correct summaries of rights and obligations?

Are the landlord obligations under the lease being carried out?

Have service charge end of year accounts...
          17-05-2022, 21:48 PM
        • RTM director service charge arrears
          by ARG
          Hello, I am new here so please excuse me if this question has already been asked, but a search has drawn a blank.

I am a director of an RTM of a property with 25 flats. I would be very grateful if anyone here can advise whether a resident who is more than six months in arrears with his...
          17-05-2022, 15:38 PM
        • Reply to Neighbour Dispute over Bins
          by vmart
          Is there a restrictive covenant in the title of the commercial-property owner (CPO) giving you and the other lessee a right of way over the land?

Is the CPO a freeholder or leaseholder of the land?

With regard to the point related to '20 years' you are referring to adverse...
          17-05-2022, 21:06 PM
        • Reply to RTM director service charge arrears
          by vmart
          The RTM can make a money claim online but as this enquiry concerns service charges the lessee will have the right to have the service charges determined unless already agreed. Depending upon the lessee's response to the claim, the County Court may refer the claim to the FTT.

What are the...
          17-05-2022, 20:54 PM
        • Reply to Recurrent leaks from flat upstairs
          by Ldawg
          Thanks for your response.

All costs are being covered by the management company. So currently I'm not actually losing out so I'm not really sure what I'm claiming for! More just the stress of it all. And the potential loss of earning and making unrentable/saleable as you say. Yes the floor...
          17-05-2022, 20:22 PM
        • Reply to Lease Extension - Relativity
          by comm1985
          I for one would appreciate a more stable approach in deriving the premium...

In this instance what would

1. The sensible premium be?

A)£32000 (based on the value the actual short lease was just sold for i.e Relativity 65%)
          or
          B)£20,000 (based on graph...
          17-05-2022, 20:19 PM
        Working...
        X