X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water damage after heavy storm, management company in no hurry to fix

Afternoon.
    just need some advice really.
    In the latest storm , the roof came off my flat. I reported it straight away and was told nothing would be done over the weekend and that the management company would look into it when they were back in office.
    ive been calling daily for any updates or progress or some form of action plan as my ceiling has been leaking constantly for the last 9 days due to constant rainfall, and all i get told is theyre looking into it and will update me.. yet they never do, its always me having to call and try get answers and get no where (latest update this morning is theyre still waiting to get some scaffolding arranged).
    any help as to what im ment to do to get my roof fixed and internal damage repaired would be appreciated because its like getting water from a stone right now and i dont know what im ment to do to force some action.
    many thanks
    Z

Do you have your insurance details?

Comment

Apparently they're doing it through their insurance as storm damage is ment to be covered in my service charge

Comment

As far as i am aware the landlords insurance policy should cover for things like alternative accommodation -

Keep pestering them, its the people who pester that eventually get heard .

Its probably correct that builders and roofers are very busy and they cant work and repair if its still stormy -

Has the roof come off or is it just leaking ?

Comment

Shall keep pestering. Just feel im talking to a brick wall with them.
          The roof is half off. A tin roof so peeled back and just flapping around in the heavy winds, and this in turn has meant im collecting rain water in buckets in the living room.
          Ive been pressuring for some tarp to be put up as a temporary fix but theyve just said the roof is too unstable to work on so theyre unable to.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X