Should I assume ceiling thumper to get back at neighbor doesn’t work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I assume ceiling thumper to get back at neighbor doesn’t work?

Link to thumper: https://youtube.com/shorts/BxaEnsDM4zI?feature=share

I have an upstairs neighbor, she rents and I own. I’ve approached her directly before when I found she was noisy and she seemed apologetic at first but continued to be noisy. Had people over late, they talked/played music, has a heavy foot etc. I’ve gotten officers and the HOA involved after she chose to turn the other cheek.

To retaliate, I bought a ceiling thumper and have started slamming my front door every time I go outside. Today, I go to walk my dog and she confronts me while my dog is peeing outside. She stands on her steps, perched over asking if I can stop slamming my door because it’s loud. It makes the building shake when I slam. She doesn’t even give me time to talk, I look at her and laugh, then closes her door. When I come in, I slam the door again.

I plan to stop slamming my door moving forward but she continues to be loud. She confronts me about something trivial like “slamming doors” but I have the thumper cranked up and she hasn’t said anything yet. Carpet floors

I love the video. I had this problem nearly 20 years ago. Neighbours upstairs went clubbing until 3am. They were so hyped up they paced the floor for an hour. I waited until I got up for a pee, and held a short plank over the top of the door frame, while bashing hell out of it with my hammer. After about a week of this, they cottoned on.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

You could just wait until one of you kills the other.

Or you could both sit down, talk and grow up.

I guess you could also sell up - but I dont fancy having a adult child living next to me so dont move to the South West
      My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

As I mentioned, I tried approaching her initially but nothing changed. So that didn’t work, I’d like to see how you’d react in my situation

Comment

I assume you have already approached the landlord &/or letting agency for the upstairs flat, to no avail?
          If so, make a formal complaint to your Council's Environmental Services/Health Department and ask them to come and measure the noise.
          Oh, and stop thumping the ceiling and slamming doors!

Comment

JK0,

You think the thumper is loud enough to irritate them?

Comment

HazeltonLane,

Those options aren’t in my area, it’s police/HOA/security/lawyer. Is the thumper loud enough to be heard from upstairs?

Comment

Originally posted by Dsg1116 View Post

As I mentioned, I tried approaching her initially but nothing changed. So that didn’t work, I’d like to see how you’d react in my situation
                I would never have purchased a flat with another over it in the first place.

And I certainly wouldn't be acting like a child in retaliation.
                My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

JK0,

You think the thumper is loud enough to irritate them?
                  Oh mine was.

Yours is hard to say, as I don't think the recording has much bass response.
                  To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Link to thumper: https://youtube.com/shorts/BxaEnsDM4zI?feature=share

I have an upstairs neighbor, she rents and I own.
                    News Flash, unless you own the freehold then you rent as well - so you're not a better person than her after all

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X