Leasehold directors insurance claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasehold directors insurance claim

Hi All, I hope you are all well! Just a quick question and my apologies if this is in the wrong section....happy to move it if admin thinks best? Our directors are leaving out one of the other directors, out of the loop as regards information and it has come to light that one director has written a false and misleading statement to an insurance broker in an attempt to stop a water claim. Is this a breach of fiduciary duty and how best to deal with the situation?

It is up to the other directors to inform the broker that the director who made the statement was not acting on behalf of the board of directors and to correct the statement.

If the directors are not acting reasonably or in the best interests of the members, it is up to the members to call an EGM in order to remove one or more of the directors.

Comment

eagle2 what proceedure is in place to protect leaseholders and directors who's RMC directors vote to ignore breaches by some directors? What if 5 people vote to stop the 6th from having access to information? How can the 6th person, director or member actually get this information. What protection and what courses of action are actually available if the rest of the board/members are equaly as negligent and deciptful? (for example a rabble in one building I own directors, the 'chairman' of all meetings and the secretary are writing in emails openly that they are not interested or impressed with the RICS code of conduct, and openly belive they can vote to ignore any legislation. Are we talking CA2006 minority here? FTT seems completely unable to act in these situations other than putting a management company in place.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X