Service charge arrears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service charge arrears

If I asked the managing agents for a situation report regarding overall arrears of service charge, are they duty bound to let me know. not by flat,of course, but as a % of total invoiced, with info regarding length of arrears?

Only if you're the freeholder or employer (RMC etc), not if you are just a flat owner

Comment

OK....no i am not one of those........ but seems odd then that the managing agent was very quick to tell all leaseholders in writing that a certain % of leaseholders had paid in advance of a large section 20, by way of coercion to those who had not paid.

Comment

There is no reason why you cannot request and no reason why the managing agent cannot supply general information regarding the level of service charge arrears. It would only become an issue if any personal information was supplied or could be identified,

Comment

Yes of course I do not need to know any details other than the current situation. So I will ask and see if I get a reply.

Comment

Does the annual service charge account show any arrears in service charge contributions ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
              Does the annual service charge account show any arrears in service charge contributions ?
              In 2020, the first year of the new MA, did not report the end year statement until end June 2021, which they said was the legal deadline. So on that basis we wont even know about any shortfall for 2021 until end June 2022, by which time no doubt we will then find out we owe monies for 2021. overspend.....I did not see any reference to arrears on the 2021 statement.

Comment

The balance sheet should show the total amount of service charge arrears under debtors.

Comment

I have never seen anything that would suggest anything other than a total lack of funding, due to extra willy nilly inspections and the like that this new MA keeps carrying out, but no work actually being done.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X