Access to my garden for upstairs neighbour's loft conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna1985 View Post
    Thank you for clarification. I was under impression that if the loft doesn't belong to the leaseholder, there is a consideration to be paid to the freeholder.
    That is the case. That is different because the leaseholder does not own it. The price payable is what the parties agree and has nothing to with a percentage of uplift in value.

Comment

Has a party wall agreement been discussed ?

Comment

Neelix Not yet because the works have not been agreed by the freeholder. What should I be thinking about or what should I expect?

Comment

Originally posted by sampsam View Post
          Neelix Not yet because the works have not been agreed by the freeholder. What should I be thinking about or what should I expect?
          You need to ensure that a party wall agreement is in place before any work commences

The "other party" has to pay all the costs and don't be fobbed off by them saying its not required - it there to protect both of you

Comment

Neelix cheers for that. My ground floor flat doesn't 'border' with any of the areas that the top floor flat will be developing (the roof and outside terrace). Do i still need party wall?

Comment

A RICS surveyor will be able to tell u how many party walls are needed and with whom.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X