Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor62
    replied
    Yes, ive read about rockwool. If I do it myself I will just do the living room to see if it has worked before I try to do the whole lot.

Many Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Anna1985
    replied
    You need to use rockwool, and go for the higher density.

If you decide to use a company drop me a message I'll could recommend some good people in London or could advise who definitely not to use (quite a well known company)

Leave a comment:

• Trevor62
    replied
    Originally posted by L4NDLORD View Post
    I use a place called the sounproofing store in harrogate talk to them.
    Harrowgate a bit too far for my being in the capital, though I like the info on there website.

No mention of pets in the lease, and the LL knows about the dog, wont bother him either.

I did ask the tenants awhile ago if they could turn their TV down abit in the evening but they never did.

The lease does mention about noise but nothing specific, the building hasnt any sound proofing the same as an up stairs down stairs house,

I may try to pull up the floor boards one day and do it myself, fill in the space below with something from one of those sound proofing websites.

Many Thanks

Leave a comment:

• eagle2
    replied
    It depends on the wording of the lease, but your consent may have been required for a pet to be kept in the other maisonette,

Leave a comment:

• Neelix
    replied
    Re the dog - does the LL know the tenant has a dog?

Leave a comment:

• eagle2
    replied
    I agree, check the lease and have a word with the joint freeholder, you may be able to reach some agreement,

Most leases tend to accept that there will be some noise during the day, but there may be a clause regarding noise or disturbance at night, Enforcing it is another matter and a complaint may have the opposite effect of what you require.

Modern properties can be worse than older ones.

Leave a comment:

• L4NDLORD
    replied
    I use a place called the sounproofing store in harrogate talk to them.

Leave a comment:

• Anna1985
    replied
    In theory it is possible, in reality - it is very difficult.
    I think the problem are with tenants mainly, you could try and talk but generally... I would not hold my breath.
    Is there anything in the lease about soundproofing?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor62
    started a topic Sound Proofing

Sound Proofing

I am a leaseholder and 50% share of the freehold of an upstairs maisonette. The building contains just two maisonettes and the downstairs maisonette leaseholder is also a 50% freeholder though they have started to rent there maisonette out.

The renters are noisy, and a barking dog that likes to bark anytime day or night, they have their TV bolted to the wall very close to the ceiling so I get the muffled sound coming through my floor.

The building was built sometime in the thirties I think and as a guess the sound proofing regulations probably did not take into account modern day entertainment.

Is it possible to require the building to under go soundproofing installation and force the other freeholder/leaseholder to pay half?

Many Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X