Leasehold title, superior leasehold and freehold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasehold title, superior leasehold and freehold

I am interested in buying a house which is for sale as a leasehold title. I have learned that not only is there a freehold but also a superior (head lease). The freehold is owned by the local council and would be relatively easy to purchase however the head lease is owned by an ltd and the current owner has been advised by their representatives not to contact them due to undertaking some works on the property a number of years ago without permission. I am keen on the house and would like to purchase but it seems to me (as a layperson) to be a mess. The property would need building works undertaking and the lease I have seen from the freeholder states permission is needed to do this. There is no ground rent payable and a 999 year lease.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise. Should I stay well away, cut my losses before getting further involved? Is it easy to purchase a superior leasehold? Would I have any rights to this? I have been advised not to contact the superior leaseholder directly.

Thank you.

Are you sure the 999 year lease for house does not require payment of annual ground rent from the leaseholder to head lessee ? Does the leases state peppercorn ground rent ?

Comment

I've only seen one lease ( between the freeholder and head leaseholder) and it states peppercorn rent. There has never been any rent collected

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X