Freeholder demanding extortionate fees for notice of remortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be interesting to know if any RTM Company has charged the freeholder an administration charge and if so, has the freeholder challenged the reasonableness of that charge at the FTT,

Comment

Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
      It would be interesting to know if any RTM Company has charged the freeholder an administration charge and if so, has the freeholder challenged the reasonableness of that charge at the FTT,
      An RTM can only collect ground rent if they reach an agreement with the freeholder. I do have an agent who acts for an RTM, and they collect my rent for me for 10% of the rent

The freeholder can hardly then a few years later trot off to the FTT to challenge the fee !

In any event it is not a term of the lease so the FTT will not deal with it

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Old managing agents accounts
        by jazzythumper
        Since obtaining the RTM and changing the managing agent, we have never been given full accounts / receipts for the previous year(s). We believe that as the old freeholder and leaser holder of one of the flats were represented by the same solicitor that prior to the sale of the freehold, we were subsidising...
        20-05-2022, 11:21 AM
      • Reply to Old managing agents accounts
        by jazzythumper
        Since we have no reconciliation accounts, and the old managing agent didn’t pass on any account or funds to us, we have no way of knowing whether the debt was wiped with the sale of the freehold which I suspect it was. Sadly I don’t think it seems there is any way tl
        find this info out?...
        27-05-2022, 11:14 AM
      • Freehold confusion
        by davetg
        30 years ago I bought a flat from a friend. The freehold at the time was registered to my friend and the lady who owned the other flat. I understood at the time that I would replace the friend on the freehold but this never happened. This was not a problem until now as when work on the structure of...
        24-05-2022, 14:29 PM
      • Reply to Freehold confusion
        by AndrewDod
        I'd partially disagree with ^.
        Certainly it will have no value on the open market sold alone. But would have value as an addition to a flat sale, simply because the control that can be exerted carries value (the same does not apply to a typical; share of freehold situation where a minority owner...
        27-05-2022, 09:29 AM
      • Reply to 2-1 transfer - what does Freeholder do?
        by Lawcruncher
        There are two distinct things.

One is whether the landlord's consent is required for the transfer. If it is (which would be unusual but not unknown for a long residential lease) then the landlord can impose reasonable conditions on granting the consent. If it is not, then the landlord has...
        27-05-2022, 08:04 AM
      • 2-1 transfer - what does Freeholder do?
        by Flashback1966
        I am a Freeholder. Have a flat there too. I have received an email from the leaseholder's soclitors acting for Mr A. They are doing a 2-1 transfer from the names of Mr A and Ms B to just Mr.

The solicitors want to know the requirements on completion.

Is is just a notice of...
        26-05-2022, 18:46 PM
      • Reply to Freehold confusion
        by CStevens
        In response to your questions:

1. You will need the landlord to sign a TR1 as suggested above. If your friend has passed away then his Executors will have to sign;
        2. In short no. The real value in these freeholds is normally the money that has to be paid in order to extend leases....
        27-05-2022, 06:42 AM
      • Reply to 2-1 transfer - what does Freeholder do?
        by CStevens
        check the tenant's lease but normally you should (a) ensure all rent and service charges are paid up to date; (b) check that there are no existing breaches of the lease. If there are then you should require the tenant to deal with these before agreeing to acknowledge the transfer.

With...
        27-05-2022, 06:34 AM
      • Share of feehold/shared service charges?
        by Stu1020
        Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and looking for advice on a sticky freehold situation.

I own a two-bed flat in a converted building with two one-beds. The lease states that a fair proportion is payable towards the service charge. However, there has been a running agreement of...
        20-05-2022, 11:39 AM
      • Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
        by CStevens
        You dont have to proceed on the existing agreement nor do you have to proceed on the share paid for the freehold. If the lease's state that it has to be a fair and reasonable amount then that's what it should be - whether you calculate that based on use, sq ft of the flats is really down to debate unless...
        27-05-2022, 06:30 AM
      Working...
      X