Spy cameras in communal areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been there for two years and I was unaware of it. I don't object to it being on all the time or motion activated as long as I know it is there. I didn't know.

You don't know this tenant! A couple of weeks ago I was carrying some things upstairs and I dropped an ornament which smashed onto the floor into lots of small pieces. I bent down and picked up every little piece that I could see. If I had left some then it wouldn't have surprised me if she had turned up on my doorstep telling me off. She is what I might call blunt. And in the past couple of weeks she's complained of builders making a noise and sent out a WhatsApp message late in the evening about a loud TV.

Comment

ah so you just have a neighbour dispute - why didn't you say so.

there was CCTV that you weren't aware of - but you now are aware and don't have an issue.

you don't get along with this neighbour - so ignore her or invite her for a cup of tea.
      My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

You are misinterpreting what the situation is. I've always got on well with her and we've been perfectly friendly. A couple of years ago someone was complaining that they always put the bins away. We talked about it and she said she would get a rota. I said what happens if they don't do it and she replied well I'll go and make them do it. This seemed over the top for something that only takes two or three minutes so I said I'd do it and I did.

Having thought about it, if we are all informed of the cameras, I don't mind. If there is a notice up about it, I don't mind. What I didn't think was right was the residents being filmed when they didn't know the cameras were there.

This has only arisen because of the case this week where someone was fined a huge amount for having cameras looking outside his property and harassing his neighbour. Talking to another neighbour I found out that she's got one of these Ring door bells. Her daughter put it in for security.

Comment

Its best to post a warning sign outside the entrances to say "CCTV in operation" .

Comment

We know about the court case as you've mentioned it several times - unless you plan to sue this tenant then it has zero relevance.

You know the camera is there and you claim not to have an issue with it - it doesn't really matter if its been there 2 or 10 years now.

The more you post, it comes across that its YOU who has the issue with this neighbour.

So, either inform the other neighbours of the cctv camera and if they wish you can all address the issue together, ask the neighbour to remove it yourself OR just get on with you life.

I really don't know what it is you want from this forum.
            My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

I have only mentioned it twice. It's relevance is that it has brought things to light that I didn't know about. I wanted to know what other people thought about it. I've told you what I have decided to do. Once it's out in the open we will all know where we are.

Comment

It's best to assume that once outside your own front door you may be on someones security camera or doorbell/entry system.

It's probably going to be the case.

Comment

I remember seeing my first CCTV camera as I was going up an escalator in Boots. It must have been in the late sixties. It looked like a space craft. I felt slightly uneasy for a few seconds. Since then I can't remember ever noticing them at all. I know that cameras can see me when I am out and, of course, anyone can see me but it seemed different to me to be observed when I thought I was alone.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X