How long do have to pay for the lease extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do have to pay for the lease extension

I am thinking of buying a property with a very short lease - 7 years. It could be extended by 90 as it was originally a 50 year term. The present owner is serving notice on the landlord which would be assigned to me. As I understand it the date for the extension will be set at the point the current owner serves notice. My question is once the leasehold premium is established - I guess this would take a few months - how long do I get to pay the premium?

I believe it's one year after notice is served, isn't it?
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

You can string it out for a year if you are prepared to pay the professional costs on your side if so doing - the landlords costs will not increase by much if there is a delay

Comment

And from when the premium has been agreed. How long do I get?

Comment

Originally posted by splodge2001 View Post
          And from when the premium has been agreed. How long do I get?
          However long you agree with the freeholder.

The freeholder is entitled to 10% of whatever offer you make as soon as you have put in a formal request, and the extension will not normally be considered complete until you have paid the balance in full.

Comment

Originally posted by Macromia View Post

However long you agree with the freeholder.

The freeholder is entitled to 10% of whatever offer you make as soon as you have put in a formal request, and the extension will not normally be considered complete until you have paid the balance in full.
            According to LEASE you have 4 months to complete once premium agreed
            https://www.lease-advice.org/article...ng-your-lease/

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X