Leaseholder in breach of lease. Causing serious problems. Can we do anything?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Your Managing Agent / Freeholder should register with the ICO (they probably should be already).

    Then, install CCTV and a method of recording and nominate 1 or 2 people responsible for that data. Make sure you put up the correct signage with Data Controller details on it.

    DO NOT point is solely at that persons flat though, ensure it covers the flat but only as part of a wider area lol

    CCTV is cheap these days and a couple of cameras and recorder probably under £200.

    Phone the Police EVERY time there is a disturbance and get a crime number - the Police won't come out unless it's serious but you NEED those crime references.

    Keep logs of every incident and try to download/save any CCTV.

    You need to get every person in your flats involved in monitoring the situation.

    It is not a 5 minute solution, probably not even a year - but unless you gather evidence now you won't have anything later.

    Once you have 2 or 3 items of evidence THEN involve your MP (though most are useless so don't expect miracles).

    Ensure your freeholder etc writes to the Council every couple of months with details and dates you have gathered - you cant send them the CCTV though.

    Make sure the Police are aware you are gathering evidence as that WILL help them and show how serious you are taking this and how much it obvious affects you all.
    My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol


      The advice rendered by sglacy is correct. You have to follow the process he suggests. In my experience of HA's the staff turn over continuously and they dont really care.


        Thanks landlord-man
        I think we are beginning to realise there's not going to be a quick or easy solution.


          I think which ruling party does not really matter because the problem is local to the MP's constituency. He was MP Labour (Co-op) .

          Your situation is different because your problem is a housing association, not local council. But even a housing association must obey the rules in a block of flats.


            I wish they did. We have had Housing Associations as tenants. They are dreadful


            Latest Activity