Service charges after freehold obtained on SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service charges after freehold obtained on SO

I’m Staircasing to 100% of my shared ownership house on a private estate. I pay over £700 pa in service charges. There are no communal areas, apart from a small car park. I have found out that the other private freeholders pay around £200 pa estate charges. My solicitor thinks that when I obtain the freehold I will just pay estate charges in line with the rest of the estate. However the housing association still say I will be expected to pay £520 ps PLUS estate charges. £200 of the HA yearly charge is for third party charges for the HA to collect the money for the management company of the estate. My solicitor believes this is wrong and that once I own the house and freehold outright the HA have no say. Surely my solicitor is correct but the HA are adamant.

See your local MP and get his/her advice.

Comment

You say it's a private estate, BUT There are no communal areas.
      Sorry, the road, pavements, road lighting, repairs to same ARE communal.

drain clearance, weed removal, also.

The HA adminiters the Estate, they are the Managing company for the "Private" estate, the estate has to be serviced, repaired , etc, and those services have to be paid for by the house / flat owners.
      The Council wont have anything to do with the estate ( assumption )

Also, why are you thinking that you have to pay the HA £ 200 per year if you think there is nothing to maintain?

Comment

Under the shared ownership scheme , you pay "rent " on the housing association's share of property. . This "rent" payment should stop if you staircase to 100% of ownership scheme.

If you purchase the freehold title from the housing association , then your house ( registered in your name only,) should become like other freehold houses on the estate and pays only the estate charges.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X