Help me understand myold lease doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me understand myold lease doc

I need help with my old lease which I've put here, specifically the below points:

Are bicycles allowed to park in the outside area of the shared premises?

Are motorcycles or mopeds allowed to park in the outside area of the shared premises?

Whose responsibility is the flat doors to change to fire doors? Is it the leaseholder's ? Or the freeholder's?

Are the leaseholders allowed to replace their windows with different style windows? Or do they need to be like for like? How about the material used?

1. Bicycles might be allowed to be parked in the shared outside areas of the premises.
    Regulation 12 in the 4th Schedule requires you not to park bicycles in a way that might cause obstruction - which implies that you can 'park' them in communal areas outside of the building if they don't cause any obstruction.
    The same regulation also requires any other regulations regarding 'parking' of bicycles that the lessor may make to be complied with though - which potentially gives them the scope to stop you leaving bicycles in shared areas.

2. Regulation 12 also applies to "other vehicles" so the same as above applies to motorcycles and moped.

3. The leaseholder is responsible for ensuring that flat doors comply with fire regulation, and at their own cost. Clause 3 (12), Under 'Tenant's covenants' requires this.

4. Changing windows might require freeholder's permission as clause 3 (5) prohibits alterations to fixtures. However, Close 4 (1), which describes tenant's maintenance obligations, requires Tennant's to "repair maintain renew" windows (among other things), which probably includes some scope for alteration.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to AGM cancelled.
      by Grumio
      It is both a managing agent and a residence Association. But we want to go back to managing the block ourselves.

Thanks for the reply, yes invitations have been sent to all our members. And I agree, they should not cancel the AGM, especially when they haven’t got a plausible reason to...
      26-01-2022, 12:12 PM
    • AGM cancelled.
      by Grumio
      Is this legal?

A bit of background, we currently have three directors, we are allowed to have up to a maximum of eight directors according to the articles of association. We are all leaseholders. Last summer the three directors decided to hire a managing agent who is now in charge of the...
      26-01-2022, 00:46 AM
    • Reply to Lease extension triggers doubling ground rent change
      by sgclacy
      Doubling every 25 years is simply a guess as to what inflation may be, if inflation of the current levels ( about 6% ) was to continue the real value of the rent would fall by 77% and doubling would not address the enormous damage done by inflation. However, if inflation was less than 2.81% per annum...
      26-01-2022, 11:57 AM
    • Reply to Lease extension triggers doubling ground rent change
      by Section20z
      You are clearly using the informal route and can thus negotiate whatever terms you like.
      freeholder will want to retain some ground rent but avoid the doubling clause, maybe suggest small fixed rises every ten years....
      26-01-2022, 10:40 AM
    • Service charges according to floorspace vs lease stipulation
      by Santa Fe
      Hello. I own a flat in a block of four. The new owner of the smallest flat is disputing their contribution to service charges based on floor size. All four flats have historically paid 25% each, but of the four leases only mine states that I pay 25%. I have spoken with a solicitor about this and he...
      24-01-2022, 22:55 PM
    • Reply to Service charges according to floorspace vs lease stipulation
      by Section20z
      Quite, there is also the question here of who the actual freeholder is and whether the whole thing is any concern of the OP who only ever need pay 25% !!...
      26-01-2022, 10:25 AM
      by eagle2
      Yes, I am confused too. If there is a Residents Association, it is required to comply with its constitution.

There seems to be a Company involved as well. Whether or not it is required to hold an AGM depends on its Articles, AGMs can be cancelled for various reasons, lockdowns are an example,...
      26-01-2022, 10:19 AM
    • Reply to Service charges according to floorspace vs lease stipulation
      by eagle2
      I think that we have found 3 possible alternatives already and no doubt we could find more, As Section20z says it is very rare for a court or a tribunal to intervene, The lease appears to allow the freeholder (?) to decide what is fair and reasonable and it has decided that an equal share is reasonable,...
      26-01-2022, 10:01 AM
      by fos333
      Is this a Residence Association or Residents Management Company?

Had invitations to the AGM been sent out to all members? If invitations had been issued then no the AGM should not have been cancelled.

If the 2 directors are "good friends of the managing agent" they...
      26-01-2022, 10:00 AM
    • Lease extension triggers doubling ground rent change
      by SouthernDave
      Has anyone had dealing with doubling ground rents?
      i have just asked for a quote for a lease extension and they are proposing new ground rent terms of a doubling ground rent every 25 years. My commercial guy has said some lenders don't like these which may reduce the value of the property of i...
      25-01-2022, 22:53 PM
    Working...
    X