Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directors/leasholders contact details

Dear all,

I own a lease in a block of 15 flats. We engage the services of a management company. I wish to find out the contact details of the directors and other leaseholders with a view to hold an EGM, stop unnecessary works garner support to engage a new company.

Is the existing management company obliged to let me have the contact details?

Hope someone can help?

Best,

Neil

Originally posted by Neil2011 View Post
    Dear all,

I own a lease in a block of 15 flats. We engage the services of a management company. I wish to find out the contact details of the directors and other leaseholders with a view to hold an EGM, stop unnecessary works garner support to engage a new company.

Is the existing management company obliged to let me have the contact details?
    Hi Neil,

More details are required really to answer your query.

When you state management company do you mean managing agent?

You also refer to directors, is this the directors of an RMC/RTM and if so are you a member?

Does the present managing agent also act as the company secretary?

If you are a member normally you need 5% of the voting rights, you'd then be able to ask the managing agent to hold an EGM.

If there is a RMC/RTM have you checked the articles?

I'm sure others will respond when answers to above are clearer.

Comment

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.

I do mean managing agent who are also the secretary of the Ltd Management company

The management company has two directors who are also leaseholders who manage the company on behalf of the other leaseholders

I am a member but not a director (yet)

Basically I would like to become a director put the managing agents on notice and would like to ask for an EGM before the official AGM as.their incompetence is now causing lasting damage to the building.,

Hope this helps and someone can help?

Neil

Comment

Hi, somewhere on this forum there is a thread or two or three on the legal right to see the members' register of your company as you are a member.
        Do not read my offerings, based purely on my research or experience as a lessee, as legal advice. If you need legal advice please see a solicitor.

Comment

PS. Personal contact details covered by GDPR, but you would have the membership names and qualifying flat. If willing to pay £3 x 15 you can download the title extract for each lease and confirm who owns the lease. Put notes through each letterbox to pass back to any non-resident lessee. Hard work, mind.
          Do not read my offerings, based purely on my research or experience as a lessee, as legal advice. If you need legal advice please see a solicitor.

Comment

Hi,

Have you checked the articles? Should be available at Companies House. Can the current directors appoint you as a director prior to holding the AGM?

As you should hold 5% of the voting shares/rights you can request that an EGM is held.

They don't have to give you contact details for the directors or the other leaseholders.

The current directors must call a general meeting if so requested, if you don't have their details then request that a meeting is held via the company secretary.

Do you currently have the support and backing of the other leaseholders?
            Last edited by fos333; 16-08-2021, 19:57 PM. Reason: 4th paragragh made clearer

Comment

Hi all who replied and many thanks,

I dispensed of this managing agents services at another property where I am Chairman of the management company.. Trouble is with this property the directors registered addresses are the same as the managing agents.

The management agents have issued part 2 of section 20 that will expire on Sept 2nd. with intension to start works on Sept 29th. I fear they have not assessed the scope of work properly and will fall foul of planning authorities and will cost a lot of money and time.. I asked for my recommended suppliers to be invited to quote on the original section 20 notice.They have not been considered and no reason given on part 2. I have emailed the managing agents regarding this with no reply.

The next AGM is mid Oct at which point I will be able to lobby the directors face to face and get their contact details and propose I become a director at the AGM with the intent of firing the managing agents (I understand that the directors are also unhappy with the current arrangement).In the meantime I have requested that the managing agents let me have the necessary paperwork to get the ball rolling.

I really need to stop/delay the intended works/section 20 being implemented.

So we are saying that if I write to the company secretary calling a meeting then this must be honoured?

Neil

Comment

If there's 15 flats and you all own equal voting shares/rights then the managing agent should inform the directors of your request, as you hold >5%

The directors should then instruct the managing agent acting as company secretary to call the meeting.

Have you located the articles on CH, look for the very first filing possibly titled incorporation.

What do they say regarding appointment of directors? Is there any maximum number given?

Comment

You can apply to inspect the Register of Members under s116 Companies Act 2006. That will supply you with contact details of other members which will enable you to drum up support ahead of the meeting.

You can request a meeting of members under s303 CA 2006 because you hold more than 5% of the voting rights as others have stated above.

Comment

Dear All,

Many thanks for your wise words. We will see how e get on,

Thanks again,

Neil

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X